Posted on: May 15, 2022
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk who has
a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional, secure setting.
Who We Are:CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of
high-quality, security corrections and detention management
services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety
and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in
Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 secured facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense
of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility
to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- A supportive environment where employee growth is
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.What You Get To
Do:Change the lives of those in your care!
The Accounting Clerk performs calculations, verifies and posts
financial data, and maintains accounting records of financial
transactions. Prepares reports, correspondence, and assists in
- Utilizes and maintains working knowledge of applicable
accounting methods and procedures that are in keeping with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and company and
partnership policies and procedures, while performing duties and
maintaining documents and records.
- Verifies and posts business transactions, such as checks
(registers), purchase orders, accounts payable and other types of
expenditures or receipts, to the appropriate account. Assists with
or completes weekly/monthly documentation and reporting in a timely
- Assists with or prepares accounts payable packages, accounts
payable accruals, check requests, petty cash reimbursements and
bank reconciliations accurately/timely and in accordance with
policy and procedures.
- Processes various transactions for inmate/resident accounts to
include, deposits, withdrawals, charges/fees, release of funds or
transfer of funds, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Assists with conducting inventory and preparing reports for
commissary and other operational endeavors.
- Prepares and accurately maintains a variety of standard
operating records and reports, including those required by
management, partnership agency and/or government regulations.
- Accurately inputs and edits numeric and alphanumeric data, to
include checks, statements, reports and other records. Produces
finished documents/reports efficiently, using applications software
programs; copies, compiles and distributes as
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Two years of experience in Business, Accounting or a closely
related field is required.
- Additional qualifying education in Business or Accounting may
be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel or
other spreadsheet or accounting software.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Memphis , Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Tutwiler, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!