Vocational Instructor - Carpentry Hardeman
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! Are you passionate about teaching others and helping people
turn their lives around? CoreCivic is seeking an experienced
Vocational Instructor who has a passion for providing the highest
quality care in an institutional security setting.--Who We
Are:CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality
corrections and detention management services, providing effective
programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for
success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with
more than 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic employees are driven
by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a
responsibility to better the public good. What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.What You Get To
Do:Change the lives of those in your care! --The Vocational
Instructor performs instructional services of vocational and/or
occupational subjects, such as business, computers/technology,
carpentry, plumbing and trades which are designed to help
inmates/students learn specified subject matter and acquire
- Prepare course objectives following curriculum standards and
applicable requirements by contract.
- Plan and document a program of study that meets the individual
needs and abilities of students.
- Provide instruction using handouts, texts, audiovisual aids and
other materials. Evaluate students' performance and issue progress
reports as required.-- Assist students with additional instruction
as needed.Qualifications: --
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Five years of full-time, wage-earning experience out of the
past eight years in the subject vocational trade or in career
readiness skills to include technical trade experience is
- Must possess current trade certification in the subject
vocational area of instruction and be licensed, or be eligible for
provisional teaching licensure and trade certification in
accordance with Tennessee Department of Education
- Must have the ability to give clear instructions in the trade
and/or vocational area.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least--18 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE --- including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Memphis , Vocational Instructor - Carpentry Hardeman, Education / Teaching , Whiteville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!