Preschool Assistant Teacher
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job SummaryUnder the direction of the Site Manager, Teacher
Assistants assist/aid classroom teachers in their shared mission to
improve the quality of education offered to Porter-Leath's
Preschool students. Assist the nutrition staff with preparing
high-quality meals for students. Relieve teachers during periods of
absence and during breaks. Remain a flexible and organized team
player in order to help all members of the Porter-Leath
Community.QualificationsQualifications* Child Development Associate
(CDA) required in Preschool.
* Associate's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or
related field preferred
* Previous Preschool experience preferred
* Two (2) years of relevant work experience with infants, toddlers,
* CPR and First Aid certification preferred
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThere are no supervisory
responsibilities for this position.Essential Job Functions*
Performs according to the standards set forth by the NAEYC, CACFP,
USDA, Tennessee Day Care Licensing and Porter-Leath while
performing duties within the kitchen and classroom.
* Provides classroom coverage for Teachers and Assistant Teachers
when they are absent or out of the classroom; Assume
responsibilities as the primary caregiver for one group of children
for Teachers / Assistant Teachers, including children with special
needs when assigned.
* Performs duties as a role model to clients and staff; act as
mentor to families of children in group.
* Keeps Supervisor and Manager informed of programmatic issues in a
timely and concise manner.
* Works cooperatively with other staff to create a positive,
enriching and safe environment for children, families and
* Assists program staff in delivering appropriate health,
nutrition, disability, education, and family support services to
children and families in accordance with program policies,
procedures, and service plans.
* Assists in implementing daily education procedures in the
classroom while adhering to best practices; assists in ensuring
that children are involved in activities suited to their immediate
emotional, social, intellectual, and physical needs; provides ample
activity options to children.
* Ensures communication with nutrition staff,
health/disability/nutrition staff, and education staff in order to
fulfill special diet needs.
* Assists in the preparation and serving of meals to prep and serve
meals in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be
served making appropriate substitutions when necessary in
accordance with USDA recommended daily dietary allowances and
family-style dining requirements; comply with all Health department
and Porter-Leath requirements regarding food preparation, food
storage, cleanliness, and kitchen sanitation.
* Assists in maintaining appropriate records of attendance, meal
counts, etc. necessary to produce reports.
* Conduct regular home visits and parent conferences with
* Assists with and conducts ongoing child evaluations.
* Contributes to team effort by performing other duties as
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The
employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close and color vision. Work in a non-smoking area.Special
ConditionsMaintain a valid driver's license with a good driving
record and an appropriate level of insurance.NOTE: The statements
herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
Keywords: Porter-Leath, Memphis , Preschool Assistant Teacher, Education / Teaching , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!