Licensed High School Math Teacher
Company: Youth Villages
Posted on: February 10, 2024
**Ask about our $6,000 Sign-on Payment, $2,000 Relocation
Assistance & Recent Salary Increases**Company OverviewYouth
Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of
research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's
mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled
children and their families find success spans 30+ years and
includes a comprehensive array of programs and services. -If you
are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the
challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then
Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with
a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence
in yourself and our organization.
- Plan for individual and group activities to stimulate growth in
language, social, and other skills.
- Participate in training and in-service activities.
- Administer and interprets testing to determine academic
- Develop and uses a variety of teaching techniques.
- Produce lesson plans that reflect the individual educational
needs of students.
- Prepare reports in compliance with school guidelines.
- Maintain progress notes, attendance records, and grade scores
in a timely manner.
- Other essential duties as needed.
- Candidates may have the opportunity to teach in specialized
- Monday - Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm.Additional InformationSmall
Class Sizes to allow more one on one attention to individual
students and their educational needs. The standard Youth Villages
class size ranges from 8-15 children. Tuition & Licensure
reimbursement, and training for your career growth and
advancementSalary$56,000 - $57,000 / based off educationYears of
experience will be evaluated, $1,000 increase with each year (up to
- Bachelor's degree with endorsement in the grade/subject with a
valid Tennessee License
- If currently licensed out of state, must obtain TN licensure
with grade/subject endorsement within 90 days after the first day
- Experience working with at-risk youth a major plus
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledgeAdditional BenefitsMedical, Dental,
Prescription Drug Coverage and VisionRetirement Savings Pension
Plan401(k)2 weeks paid vacation12 paid sick days per year11 paid
holidaysPaid Parental LeaveMileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when
applicable)Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity,
equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with
children and young adults. We know that children, families and
young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and
justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills
they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as,
other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth
Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed
to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for
each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
Keywords: Youth Villages, Memphis , Licensed High School Math Teacher, Education / Teaching , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!