Early Head Start Teacher
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Early Head Start TeacherLevel ExperiencedJob Location Early Headstart- Manassas - Memphis, TNPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High School/GED with CDAJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription Teachers at Porter-Leath have a desire to make a difference in children's lives and want to see their students achieve great things. They are confident in their abilities as educators, using creative and cutting-edge techniques in the classroom. Our teachers appreciate having access to agency leadership so they can shape classroom and organization policy. Our teachers:
- Enjoy continuous improvement and regularly engage in professional development opportunities
- Create developmentally-appropriate lesson plans, activities, and practices in a variety of areas
- Implement curricula and best practices according to the standards that govern our programs
- Are committed to data-driven education
- Tailor instruction to meet individual needs and, if required, an Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) for students ages 6 weeks to 3 years of age or an Individual Education Plan (IEP) for students 3 years and up
- Carefully monitor student behavior
- Demonstrate appropriate social skills Our Teachers collaborate with the Site Manager to guide the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of each child to ensure readiness for kindergarten and future educational success. About Porter-Leath For more than 160 years, Porter-Leath has been dedicated to helping vulnerable children within the Memphis area. We continue to support children and their families through multiple programs, including foster care placement, parent education, a residential facility, and early childhood education programs. Porter-Leath is accredited by the Council of Accreditation, demonstrating our commitment to best practices standards across our agency. Additionally, our Early Head Start and Head Start programs boast NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) accreditation, which requires our programs to set and maintain high standards. Qualifications High School Diploma/GED and Child Development Associate (CDA) Certificate Infant/Toddler required Associate's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred Two (2) years of relevant work experience with infants and/or toddlers CPR and First Aid certification is preferred Essential Job Functions:
- Performs according to the standards set forth by Head Start, the NAEYC, CWLA, Tennessee Day Care Licensing, CACFP and Porter-Leath.
- Assumes responsibilities as the primary caregiver for one group of children that includes children with special needs.
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate activities of enrichment and care for one classroom of children according to the standards set forth by Head Start, the NAEYC, CWLA, Tennessee Day Care Licensing and Porter-Leath standards on a daily basis.
- Works cooperatively with program staff to provide a continuum of health, education and support services to children and their families.
- Collaborates with other staff members to create a positive environment for children, families and staff.
- Assists with maintaining appropriate records of attendance, meal counts, etc. necessary to produce reports. Serves and supervises meals in accordance with CACFP requirements.
- Assists with developing, implementing and monitoring a coordinated plan of care for each family.
- Acts as mentor to families of children in group.
- Supports and teaches good parenting practices.
- Conducts regular parent conferences, contact and home visits with families. Conducts Parent Involvement activities.
- Maintains a healthy classroom environment by following health and safety precautions and sanitation procedures.
- Keeps supervisor informed of programmatic issues in a timely and concise manner.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other duties as assigned. Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger/handle/feel. Occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision. Work in a non-smoking environment. Special Conditions Maintain a valid driver's license with a good driving record with appropriate level of insurance. NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Rev. 3/2018.
Keywords: Porter-Leath, Memphis , Early Head Start Teacher, Education / Teaching , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!