Company: Reynolds American
Posted on: October 18, 2020
British American Tobacco
Job Number: 26131
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the
tobacco industry. We're a family of companies that strives for
success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our
people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways
adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size.
At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take
pride in each other's growth and well-being throughout our careers.
We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our
companies succeed when our people thrive.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of
British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R.
J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company,
Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum
AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC;
and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
This position is with American Snuff Company, LLC (4040).
Here, you'll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and
revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled
and passionate people every day.
Maintenance Technicians perform preventive maintenance and
troubleshoot all machinery, equipment and
facility structures in a manner that facilitates production of the
highest quality products in the safest, most
efficient and cost effective manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs planned maintenance, preventive maintenance, and
overhaul duties for emergency breakdowns on operational
- Assists in planning and implementation of maintenance
initiatives for equipment and facilities.
- Calculate the proper amount and type of materials needed to
complete the job.
- Maintain proper operation of the equipment, machinery or
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience: Prefer 3 years of manufacturing maintenance
- Basic mathematical skills with knowledge of metric and standard
tools an conversions. Use of calipers and other precision measuring
- Basic Welding - certificate from an accredited school including
Mig/Tig/Stick or 3 years' experience in performing welding related
- Basic Machine Shop - certificate from an accredited school or 3
years-- experience in performing Basic Millwright
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, proactivity and effective
Required Work Keys Assessment:
- Applied Math - Level 4.
- Workplace Documents or Reading for Information - Level
- Graphic Literacy - Level 4.
- Workplace Observation - Level 2.
- Experience with tobacco packaging and processing
- Computer navigation and experience with SAP.
- Industrial Vehicle Operation experience.
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management
- Walking, climbing, stooping, reaching, lifting up to 100
pounds, and working a heights to 35 feet.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this
job. The Company reserves the right to change or modify job
descriptions and employee job duties.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job
successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes
to perform each duty proficiently.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related
duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and
post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company
matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions
up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid
vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and
double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit
- Extensive training opportunities
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and
creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing
different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the
company's potential for successfully achieving its business
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application and hiring process should contact us directly via
email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Notice
Nearest Major Market: Memphis
Maintenance, Technician, Welding, ERP, SAP, Manufacturing,
Keywords: Reynolds American, Memphis , Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!