Company: Waste Pro, USA
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Waste Pro of Tennessee
Everyday thousands of Waste Pro trucks serve millions of customers.
It takes professional, experienced, hardworking and dedicated
people, working together, to accomplish this task. Work with the
brightest people in the industry on some of the finest trucks built
including Mack, Freightliner, Peterbilt, McNeilus, and Heil to name
a few. Never get bored while you work on diesel trucks and our
alternative fuel source fleets to include CNG, LPG and Hybrid. If
you are energetic, team oriented and love a challenge apply with
Waste Pro and be the Distinguishable Difference!
Waste Pro offers a comprehensive pay range based on proven skills &
capability. As a Waste Pro employee you are eligible for year end
and referral bonuses!
We believe people make the difference and are committed to helping
our best become even better. Waste Pro supports your pursuit of ASE
Certification through fee reimbursement, increase(s) in
compensation, and a Master Technician Achievement Bonus! To assist
in your career development, Waste Pro Technicians are eligible to
receive a monthly tool allowance of up to $50.00 per month !
Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life
Insurance; a 401k Plan, Disability Insurance; Vacation, Holiday and
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Advanced knowledge and ability to diagnose and repair engine,
transmission, brake, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, body
components and systems related to heavy duty and light duty trucks.
This may include gasoline, diesel and CNG systems. May include
welding and fabrication.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the A Technician will be
responsible for diagnostics related to a fleet of refuse and
* Maintenance and repair of all aspects of Mack, IHC, Autocar,
Heil, McNeilus vehicles and equipment.
* Support of coworkers in working safely and efficiently in the
maintenance and repair of fleet of vehicles and equipment.
* Completes all required paperwork in a timely and concise
* Follows all safety policies and procedures
* Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate
and OSHA standards.
* Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
* Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
* Conducts repairs utilizing Factory Service Manuals.
* Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
* Maintain high standard of Ethics and Dependability.
* Ability to provide Drive Train Inspections, Diagnosis and
* Ability to provide General Engine Inspection, Diagnosis and
* Ability to provide Transmission Inspection, Diagnosis and
* Ability to Perform Outside Repair Inspection Review
* Ability to Assess Structural Damage and assign needed repairs
* Ability to Provide assistance, guidance and direction to all shop
* CDL Class B (required)
* Ability to obtain 7 ASE Certifications or equivalent within 36
* 3-5 years of hands on technical experience in the maintenance and
repair of medium duty class 8 vehicles and equipment. Preferably
with waste/recycling industry experience
* Clear understanding of OSHA safety requirements for vehicle
fleets Ability to utilize computers for data tracking,
communication etc. (dossier, Microsoft office).
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate
in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping
up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by
* Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial
motor vehicle between 50 and 100 times a day
* Physically able to lift 50 to 75 pounds from the floor to waist
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds form the floor to overhead
* Physically able to push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) bend at the knees
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) reach over your
head or reach out with extended arms to perform work
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) twist at the waist
to perform work
* Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and weather
environments (road calls)
* Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with
occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Waste Pro supports a diverse workforce & is a Drug Free Workplace &
Equal Opportunity Employer. Waste Pro does not discriminate against
individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion,
origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, or any other classification protected by applicable
Keywords: Waste Pro, USA, Memphis , Lead Technician, Engineering , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!