Process Safety Engineer
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Process Safety Engineer reports directly to HES Manager.
Position requires direct interaction with other departmental
managers, staff positions and KOP technical and safety functional
resources to exchange information and ideas directly related to the
success of the Memphis plant. Job Dimensions This role serves as
the technical lead for process safety and serves as primary source
for process safety program for the Memphis site. Secondary
- Support of operations by ensuring optimal process enhancements
for the Memphis Plant.
- People Data: Responsible for the training of operations
personnel and other staff in technical issues as it relates to
process safety.Key Activities and Responsibilities
- This role provides technical support for safety/environmental
related regulatory requirements including OSHA, PSM, RMP, and
company policies and programs (AIMS/BBS) and PSM metrics.Process
Safety Goals (80%):
- Serve as the site Subject Matter Expert on PSM
- Identify and implement technical solutions to resolve PHA and
process safety related action items Develop an evergreen system to
maintain safety critical systems lists and testing frequencies
- Facilitate Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Develop an evergreen system to maintain the Memphis plant's
alarm management program
- Support all compliance efforts related to ISO9001, 45001,
18001, RCMS certifications
- Provide training on PSM related topics
- Ensure Process Safety Information is up to date
- Work with project lead to ensure functional safety calculation
(SIL calculation) as needed.
- Educate team members on the importance of Process
Safety.Support operational efficiency and identify and evaluate
opportunities for improvement (20%)
- Assist HES team with field leadership for permitting, incident
investigation, PSSRs and training.
- Collect data for KPI reporting and complete analysis of plant
HES performance trends.Context and Environment
- Position reports to the HES Manager with direction from the
Technology Manager. The individual must have a sound knowledge of
technical aspects of the Memphis Plant, and of the business
situation as related to the operation of the process. Individual
must be able to communicate on multiple levels of organization and
manage multiple tasks required by the plant. May participate in
training and audits of other sites.
- Assure appropriate programs are in place to maintain process
- Accomplish assignments, goals, and objectives with minimal
supervision and direction.
- Additional duties as assigned.Required Education/Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering from an accredited University, Chemical
Engineering degree preferred.
- Experience in PSM experience in chemical or petrochemical
- Understanding of LOPA methodology is preferred.
- Functional safety calculation (SIL calculation) and dispersion
modeling experience is preferred
- Awareness of process safety/environmental regulations as they
apply in a plant setting.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot chemical processes.
- Good organizational skills.
- Verbal and written communications skills required for effective
interfacing with agencies, plant division, company, and
- Business/plant/process understating to evaluate impact on
applicable and changing regulations.
Keywords: Experis, Memphis , Process Safety Engineer, Engineering , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!