Senior Packaging Engineer
Company: Stratas Foods
Location: Olive Branch
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Senior Packaging Engineer
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the
Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in
North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged
dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in
October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies
(ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX;
Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN;
and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We
are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing
the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to
make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team
capable of meeting our business goals.
Relocation Assistance is available.
The Senior Packaging Engineer role exists to provide support to
Stratas as a packaging equipment and container technology scout,
renovation program lead, innovation program team member and an
operations technical services partner.
This role is a key enabler for Stratas to achieve industry leading
Shortening, Oils, Mayonnaise, Sauces, and Dressings
commercialization products placement.
The Senior Packaging Engineer role is a mid-level Product
Development position who is responsible for supporting, planning,
and overseeing advanced product development initiatives,
application testing and participation in internal/external
technical training sessions.
Key responsibilities: Packaging Product Development, Technical
Support & Service, Applications Testing / Development, Product
Specifications, Product Improvements / Cost Savings, Competitive
Audits, and Provides Technical Support Outside of the Application
Area as Needed / Assigned.
1. Technology Scout
- Responsible for keeping abreast of the latest packaging related
technology and optimum material performance to pricing
- Brings improved method and material concepts forward for
potential packaging enhancement or cost savings potential.
- Sales partner in participating in customer visits to engage to
identify Stratas solutions for customer needs or to proactively
present new and novel Stratas offerings for customer
- Develops and leads competitive audits to identify development
gaps and product improvement opportunities
- Develops and supports a packaging laboratory and library
2. Renovation program lead
- Key stakeholder and input professional to the packaging
specification database owned by procurement
- Maintains and continuously improves tooling / package
qualification plans, technology transfer documentation (design
history files) and final package component specifications,
manufacturing specifications, case / cube information cost and
savings, estimates, etc
- Ensures specifications and data sheets are accurate and
up-to-date for all application areas
- Troubleshoots new and existing packaging problems involving
design, material and processes, thus providing timely creative and
- Participates in development/execution of internal & external
technical training sessions. Assist in trouble shooting and
- Innovation program team lead
- Identifies new package types to meet market driven needs (eg.
sustainability and others)
- Identifies package types and / or process adjustment that when
employed singly or in conjunction drive cost savings /
3. Operations tech service partner
- Provides technical support, including leading line trials, to
operations and engineering through development and
commercialization of a new product, and as needed thereafter.
- Technical Skills Solid food packaging expertise, strong command
of equipment / packaging formats. Basic knowledge of mayonnaise,
salad dressings, and sauces formulation and processing. Knowledge
of experimental design. Understanding of fats and oils chemistry
and processing a plus.
- Judgment Decisive, exhibits sound and accurate
- Strategic Thinking Displays critical thinking skills, proactive
in decision making and makes data based decisions.
- Problem Solving Leverages a proactive & creative approach to
issues/roadblocks. Develops realistic action plans with clearly
identified risks and contingencies.
- Education: BS and equivalent Industry Experience.
- Related Experience: Minimum of 10 years Packaging Product
Development experience in an ingredient or consumer packaged goods
company. Experience in shortening, margarine, mayonnaise, sauces,
dressings and condiments preferred.
- Equipment/Software Skills: Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Physical: The employee is occasionally required to stand and
walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. The employee is required to travel (approximately 15-20% of
the employee s time).
- Sensory: The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee is required to use hand and fingers, handle, and or
feel and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision.
- Mental/Reasoning: Ability to read, analyze and interpret the
most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most
sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and
persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex
topics to top management, public groups, and and/or board of
directors. Ability to define problems, collects data, establish
facts and draw valid conclusions.
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner
prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of
race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national
origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family
status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status,
and any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Stratas Foods, Memphis , Senior Packaging Engineer, Engineering , Olive Branch, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...