Company: United Industries
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Quality Engineer Job Description Quality Engineer will be
responsible for implementing technical and quality systems and
methods in a stainless steel tubing mill. This position will report
to the Quality Manager and will be responsible for the following
- Perform failure analysis on customer and supplier nonconforming
material and communicate findings driving them to root cause and
- Resolve customer claims and manufacturing issues regarding
material grades, processing and applications.
- Responsible for the preparation of PPAP's, Control Plans and
PFMEA's for automotive customers.
- Participate as an auditor in the Internal Audit Program.
- Program and operate Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) for the
measurement/validation of parts.
- Prepare and report Quality related data and prepare
presentations, as necessary.
- Prepare documentation and participate in Quarterly Management
- Responsible for overseeing the APQP process.
- Responsible for other duties as directed by the Quality
- Participate in the TS16949 Surveillance Audit. Job Requirements
- Desire knowledgeable of ASME and ASTM Standards related to
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, ability to
coordinate TS16949 activities, lead internal audit team and perform
- Require knowledge of automotive PPAP's, PFMEA's, Control Plans
and APQP a must.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing techniques (5S, Standard Work,
Value Stream Mapping and problem solving skills) a plus.
- Ability to program and operate a CMM would be a strong
- Possess effective problem solving skills in a discipline such
as 8D with the ability to drive error proofing activities
throughout the product processes.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills
and must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of
Minitab software is a plus.
- B.S. degree in a related Engineering discipline and a minimum
of 5 years demonstrated experience in a manufacturing environment
implementing quality assurance activities.
- A degree in Metallurgy, Material Engineering and/or a
background in a stainless steel tube mill would be a strong
Keywords: United Industries, Memphis , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Selmer, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...