Automation Engineer (Memphis, TN)
Company: Glidewell Dental
Posted on: May 26, 2023
- Provides application/control systems design and development for
systems of varied complexity with particular reference to miniature
CNC milling machines.
- Maintains and integrates control systems for machine tool
applications, including PC-based, and CNC-based systems.
- Evaluates alternative system solutions to meet stated
- Develops and operates PC control systems for multi-axis motion
- Modifies program/system logic involving multiple systems and
- Assists in build and commissioning of production CNC machines
and custom automation projects.
- Interacts with maintenance personal and customers to support
machines in field as necessary.
- Develops and tests CNC machine control systems; defines machine
parameters and tunes servo systems.
- Conducts analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop
designs for equipment, machines, and subsystem components.
- Translates computer-aided design models intro a series of
commands that control the movements of machine tools.
- Imports CAD models into CNC programming software to define
dimensions and features of the part to be produced.
- Analyzes CAD models and engineering specifications to determine
the appropriate tools and most efficient sequence of tool
- Confers with other research personnel to clarify and resolve
problems, and develop designs.
- Prepares electrical system layouts, detailed drawings, and
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet
functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluates, writes, and modifies motion programs to increase
- Perform other related duties and projects as business needs
require at direction of management. Minimum Qualifications: -
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or minimum five (5) years of
related experience in lieu of bachelor's degree from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in industrial controls
or factory automation field.
- Prior experience with C++ and/or Python.
- Prior experience with multi-axis PLC controls required.
- Prior experience setting up CNC machines is a plus.
Keywords: Glidewell Dental, Memphis , Automation Engineer (Memphis, TN), Engineering , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...