Company: FedEx Supply Chain
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Description: About FedEx Supply Chain FedEx Supply Chain, a
subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE\: FDX), is a leader in the
third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio
that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of
innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a
consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement
innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By
leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network,
FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide
flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for
customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and
35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain
manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million
returns each year. For more information, go to
supplychain.fedex.com. -- We Have---.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world---s
most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow
and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health,
vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more! -- General
Summary---. The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing
professional, quality improvement support. Develops and supports a
customer focused Quality plan to assure customer satisfaction, and
achievement of business objectives. Supports statistical based
quality inspection planning, measures and provides results of
quality assurance audits and inspections.-- Provides analysis of
service and production data to identify trends and areas requiring
improvement. Leader for advanced quality planning focused on
continual improvement, and during the development of new business.
-- This position will be responsible for---..
- Working with assigned areas to prevent and address systemic
quality opportunities for improvement.
- Creating process failure mode effect analysis (PFMEA) and
control plans on new products, processes, and projects.
- Performs gage repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R)
studies to reduce measurement error and variation.
- Ability to implement statistical process control (SPC) as
needed in key processes to reduce component variation and amount of
- Must be able to analyze statistical data and provide solutions
to complex problems.
- Responsible for leading improvement efforts.
- Conducts periodic process audits to ensure processes are
capable and stable
- Generates new ideas or methods on how to significantly reduce
defects found in operations.
- Performs detailed root cause analysis on quality problems and
assist with corrective and preventive action plans.
- Technical writing. Create Process Maps and Work Instructions
for new products, processes, and projects.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to
be the top level contributor/specialist. Qualification: You might
be a great fit if---. Education/Experience
- Bachelor---s Degree in Engineering or other technical field
preferred and at least 4 years of experience using advanced quality
engineering tools in a fast paced environment.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and at least 6
years of relevant experience.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean
- Strong organizational skills.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Black belt
certification is a plus.
- Experience with customer contact, and voice of the customer
- Previous technical training experience required (Lean Problem
- Full understanding and use of ANSI AQL sampling
methodology/criteria and TL 9000 is required.
- Prior experience working in a continuous process improvement
- High level of flexibility to perform in a fast paced
- Familiarity with Quality System Standards such as ISO 9001 /
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet complex
- Must be able to motivate teammates, and lead improvement
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strongly developed analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of MINITAB, Sigma XL or other statistical
packages + normal MS Office package, including MS Project and MS
- Intermediate to advanced experience level with MS Office
- WMS experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to champion improvement with multi-disciplinary
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player. -- -- Physical/Cognitive Requirements With
or without accommodation\:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.--
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. -- ADA
---FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals
with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process. --
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer.-- We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: FedEx Supply Chain, Memphis , Engineer, Quality, Engineering , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!