Manufacturing Process Engineer
Company: WM BARR
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Position Summary: This position will provide solutions in support
of manufacturing and new product development. This includes
designing and implementing solutions to optimize existing
production processes as well as designing and implementing new
production capabilities. Person will be responsible for all project
phases, from project scope development through project execution.
Will be an active member of new product teams. Work is performed
under the general direction of the Manager of Engineering and may
include responsibility for leading the work performance of other
employees or outside contractors. Essential Duties and
- Provides engineering support to operations by recommending and
implementing changes to processes, components and equipment, taking
all aspects of manufacturing into consideration. Develops and
implements capital solutions, from scope development through
installation and successful production. Troubleshoots problems in
manufacturing and provides solutions.
- Will provide technical assistance for production line
supervisors on day-to-day issues to ensure the production of
quality products in sufficient quantities to meet customer
requirements. Provides technical assistance for line personnel to
resolve problems discovered during the blending, filling, packaging
and labeling processes as well as on special projects where
technical knowledge is required to complete assigned tasks.
- Monitors key operational metrics, recommends and implements
changes to drive continuous improvement.
- Develops finished goods product costing and routing for new and
modified production requirements; develops and maintains data base
for manufacturing attributes.
- Works closely with R&D and Marketing to design and
implement new product manufacturing capability. Assists in managing
manufacturing engineering activities for new products to assure
schedules are met and proper equipment, changeover parts and
tooling are available. Recommends improvements and opportunities to
optimize performance. Works closely with Operations, R&D, QA,
Safety and other departments to ensure all requirements are
understood and implemented.
- Manages capital projects and maintains a project status report
to ensure timely and accurate installation and project
- Perform all work in accordance with Barr's safety and quality
guidelines and procedures; demonstrates clear understanding of
these safety and quality objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager of
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or
related field and 2 or more years of process related manufacturing
engineering experience is required. Experience in consumer products
operations is a plus.
- Must have strong technical problem solving skills; mechanical
aptitude; good project management skills for developing scope and
implementing changes in plants or processes; proficiency in
computer applications including CAD, spreadsheet, word processing,
chart, graphics, data base and engineering software; excellent
organization and follow-up skills; excellent verbal and written
communication skills, ability to organize and prioritize work
assignments; ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced
environment; ability to analyze situations and respond in a timely
manner; ability to work with cross functional teams and across
organizational levels; understanding of standard cost accounting.
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Travel:
- Typical manufacturing environment with loud noise level.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb, stoop, talk and hear
for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as
exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency
distribution, determination of test reliability and validity,
analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking
to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to
deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations,
graphs, etc.), in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a
variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs
- Ability to work near moving machinery and have moderate
exposure to fumes or airborne participles and/or toxic or caustic
- Some travel may be required. This job description reflects
management's assignment of essential functions; it was not meant to
be all-inclusive of the tasks that may be assigned.
Keywords: WM BARR, Memphis , Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!