Director, Americas Logistics
Company: Agilent Technologies
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the
quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied
market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services,
consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers
to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what
they do best: improve the world around us. Information about
Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Where will your strong management and leadership skills have most
impact? Right here, when you join us managing logistics work groups
across multiple processes and regions. Your role will include
designing, managing and executing tactical plans and developing and
implementing multi-business programs, all to ensure delivery of the
right product to the right place at the right price.
You've established your people and resource management ability.
Here's where you take it further. Bring your logistics and
warehousing expertise to a growing team where you will have the
opportunity to develop systems and processes to support our Global
Life Sciences instruments and consumables business. Managing
supervisors, employees and resources, you'll direct the
implementation of tactical business plans, programs and projects,
while also delivering solutions that drive continuous process
improvement all to ensure delivery of the right product to the
right place at the right price.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities
* Directs all activities of the Logistics and warehouse function to
enable a world class manufacturing site. Implements and administers
all systems and processes for maintaining control of 1) inventory
and transaction accuracy, 2) storage methods and facilities, and 3)
domestic and international transportation programs, housekeeping
and GMP compliance. Enforces the implementation of and use of SAP
and its accuracy. Coach warehouse team on SAP and SAP process
* The Director will participate in regulatory and internal quality
inspections and will be responsible for all issues related to
* Maintains warehouse staff job results by recruiting, selecting,
orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining
employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Writes and reviews reports, protocols and procedures and prepares
same upon request of senior leadership.
* Manages finished goods inventory system at a high level of
accuracy. Using warehouse management software, manages the location
of inventory to ensure proper stock rotation, smooth order picking,
and staging activities.
* Manages receipt and flow of raw materials within plant to support
company quality control standards and plant production
* Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and
implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work
orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
* Establish and support a work environment of continuous
improvement that supports the companies Quality policy, Quality
System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
* Collaborate with cross-functional groups including Human
Resources, Production, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Warehousing,
Sales, Customer Service and Finance to meet business objectives and
* Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks
correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and
* Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently;
sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and
* Develops and implements plans for facility modification or
expansion, such as equipment purchases or changes in space
allocation and warehouse design.
Other duties as assigned.
Generally, works in an office setting under desirable conditions
with few or no disagreeable features; however, may be required to
perform duties in the warehouse which require the ability to lift
to 50 lbs. occasionally. May be required to, push, and pull up to
125 lbs. frequently. Will have extended hours sitting and or
walking. May require occasional standing, climbing stairs or
ladders. Some domestic and international travel may be
* Bachelor of Science, from an accredited institution, in Business
Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or closely
related discipline or combination of education and experience.
* 10+ years' experience that includes an in-depth understanding of
Logistics operations, purchasing, inventory management and subject
matter SAP experience required, of which 5+ years will be relevant
experience at first level management.
* Strong management ability to work in a dynamic and progressive
* Experience managing critical projects required
* Must possess excellent attention to detail and analytical
thinking, with a high level of energy and self-motivation
* Should have excellent technical writing ability, strong verbal
and written communication skills
* Strong knowledge and understanding of software packages and
technologies, specifically Microsoft Office
* Ability to work in a team environment (as well as independently)
and set goals.
* Ability to manage, lead, motivate and organize a diverse,
cross-functional group with constantly changing demands.
* Ability to develop business relationships with internal and
* Ability to balance and prioritize multiple assignments and meet
* Ability to proactively identify problems and take the correct
course of action.
Ability to provide creative solutions to business problems. Apply
critical thinking skills to analyze and resolve complex
Ability to use a forklift and related warehouse equipment.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All
individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged
to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or
religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic
partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran
status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by
federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be
discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the
workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If
you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the
application or interview process or have questions about workplace
accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email
email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Agilent Technologies, Memphis , Director, Americas Logistics, Executive , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!