Director, Strategic Communications
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Job DescriptionServes as senior leader of the Strategic
Communications Department, providing leadership and counsel in the
area of advanced strategic communication for the Marketing division
as a member of the Vice President of Communication's management
Leads strategic communications to drive St. Jude brand awareness,
engagement and fundraising efforts. Accountability for key
functional areas roll up to this position: Executive Visibility of
E/O, Public Relations, Market-centric (Influencer) Engagement, and
VIP Audience Communications (SP/GP/PAB/TAC/DIAC, other strategic
audiences identified by ELT).
Works closely with Vice President of Communications to ensure fully
integrated strategic communications are aligned with organization's
top strategic priorities, business objectives and are fully
integrated across the enterprise for increased clarity,
collaboration and efficiency. Fosters a culture of immediate
responsiveness to planned and organic communications opportunities.
Establishes a departmental culture grounded in the principles of
collaboration, service and strategic partnership with internal
Devises strategies to execute strong recommendations tied to key
performance metrics. Uses data and analytics to inform current
strategies, evaluate future plans and discern effectiveness of
tactics to include ROI.
Responsible for brand and reputation management , which includes
collaborating with the Sr. Director of Issues Management under the
direction of the Chief Marketing and Experience officer and Vice
President of Communications to effectively address issues and
roll-out crisis communications for the organization.
Represents Communications in highly visible settings with VIP
guests, executives and national and international media. Serves as
backup to Vice President - Communications providing strategic
counsel and support to the Chief Marketing and Experience Officer
and other members of the Executive Leadership Team.
Delivers coaching, career development opportunities and performance
appraisals to direct reports.
- Requires thorough knowledge of public relations, internal and
external communications, issues management and general management
methods within non-profit agencies;
- Speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for
- Understand complex verbal or written instructions;
- Possesses strong writing, editing and presentation skills;
- Thorough grasp of strategies and tools used in public relations
and marketing communications;
- Thorough knowledge of English spelling, grammar and usage;
- AP style and editing knowledge;
- Detailed knowledge of all mediums of communications and tools
used in those mediums;
- Uses knowledge of industry trends, including digital tools, to
enhance communications efforts;
- Understanding and experience developing national campaigns and
programs with measurable results;
- General knowledge of communications and copyright law;
- Bachelor's degree required and 8-10 years experience in
marketing, communications and/or public relations including 5-7
years supervisory experience involving budgeting, strategic
planning, organizational development and cost control
- Possess excellent diplomatic and negotiations skills;
- Requires a valid driver's license;
- Requires use of a personal computer.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability,
veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.Apply
Keywords: ALSAC, Memphis , Director, Strategic Communications, Executive , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!