Director, Data Linkages and Information Exchange
Company: ASSOCIATION OF STATE AND TERRITORIAL HEALTH OFFICI
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become
available. Director, Data Linkages and Information Exchange
Summary: Providesstrategic direction, policy analysis, and
programmatic implementation related to the Pregnancy Risk
Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) Learning Community. Through
peer-to-peer collaboration, information exchange, and technical
assistance, the Director will work with cross-sector jurisdictional
teams to increase data integration and enhance patient-centered
outcomes research (PCOR). This position will work with the
Director, Data Analytics and Public Health Informatics, and the
Senior Director, Family and Child Health, but reports directly to
the Chief of Population Health and Innovation. Principal
- Provide direct project management to the PRAMS Learning
Community including oversight of related budgets, contracts,
reporting requirements, and work plan activities.
- Supervise staff and project contractors to execute workplan
activities and develop and disseminate project findings.
- Coordinate with the ASTHO Data Analytics and Public Health
Integration (DAPHI) Director to manage deliverables of the PRAMS
Learning community, including planning and implementing virtual
learning sessions, in-person/virtual meetings, federal partner
workgroups, and partner calls.
- Develop and lead dissemination of project findings through
written deliverables (fact sheets, issue briefs, progress reports),
social media communication (podcasts, twitter chats, social media
campaigns), and presentations for internal (ASTHO members and
Executive Leadership) and external (partner and conferences)
- Provide capacity building to state and territorial health
agency leadership and staff by responding to technical assistance
requests and translating public health policy, legislation, and
evidence-based research into recommendations for
- Identify opportunities for collaboration both internally across
ASTHO teams, and externally by representing ASTHO at
national/federal meetings, workgroups, and committees.
- Establishes and maintains partnerships associated with external
agencies such as National Association of County and City Health
Officials (NACCHO), Center for Disease Control (CDC), Public Health
Informatics Institute (PHII), the Association of Public Health
Laboratories (APHL), and the Council of State and Territorial
- Contributes to the identification of and application for
additional funding to support area of work.
- Develops and manages budgets for relevant contracts or work
- Maintains situational awareness of research, policies, and
practices relevant to public health and healthcare systems, health
information technology, and surveillance.
- Collaborates with other staff, ASTHO members, and external
partners in developing internal and external publications,
including peer-reviewed journal articles, educational materials and
other public health tools, project summaries, and research
- Assists in planning the Public Health Informatics conferences,
summits, webinars, meetings, and information gatherings hosted by
ASTHO or in collaboration with others.
- Develops presentations, scientific posters, and exhibits to
share and promote project findings at professional and public
meetings and conferences.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements trainings, facilitated
meetings, and events for state health departments and other
partners and stakeholders.
- Serves as a liaison to ASTHO members and partners and
communicates regularly with these groups regarding funding
opportunities, conferences and trainings, and other information
related to public health and healthcare systems, health information
technology, and surveillance.
- Represents ASTHO at external meetings and conferences as
- Researches, identifies, and documents relevant tools,
resources, and useful practices related to public health and
healthcare systems, health information technology, and surveillance
for dissemination to state health departments.
- Provides analysis of draft and final federal health information
technology regulations or policies for their relevance to
organizational goals and member interests; develops comments on
behalf of ASTHO and its members.
- Leads program evaluation activities including the development
of program indicators, collection of data, analysis of data, and
development of program improvement plans.
- Establishes contracts with state health departments,
consultants, and vendors in collaboration with ASTHO's Grants and
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- MPH or related degree (i.e., Master of Health Informatics)
- 5+ years relevant work experience in public health informatics
and related knowledge of maternal and child health or women's
- State/local public health or national association experience.
Awareness of public health policy or program implementation from a
state perspective desirable.
- Knowledge and technical expertise related to public health and
healthcare systems, health information technology, and
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Management/supervisory experience.
- Ability to manage large projects including measures of success,
forecasting, and evaluation.
- Excellent organization and time management skills required,
including ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to grasp systems and systems changes at state, local,
or federal levels.
Keywords: ASSOCIATION OF STATE AND TERRITORIAL HEALTH OFFICI, Memphis , Director, Data Linkages and Information Exchange, Executive , Arlington, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!