Assistant Regional General Manager - Tunica, MS.
Company: CGB Enterprises Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can
contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally,
and belong in a place where everyone has a voice.Founded in 1969,
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive
leader in the grain and transportation industries. Today, CGB
operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and over 1,000 U.S.
employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an
array of services for producers and logistics services for an
international base of customers. The combination of our assets
provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years
of strength and stability!This job is primarily responsible for
providing leadership to an assigned region, assisting the regional
General Manager in developing strategy for revenue and share growth
and holding their teams accountable to deliver agreed upon region
goals for revenue and people growth and development. This job is
also responsible for managing relationships between company
divisions and having a strong understanding of market conditions
and industry affairs. This role may focus on one or multiple
disciplines, such as operations, safety, or origination and
marketing merchandising and logistics.In this job you will:
- Develop and implement regional strategy to grow revenue and
maximize business opportunities.
- Lead and direct staff accountability on revenue growth through
trading commodities, setting and managing credit risk, providing
strategy and information to origination team with a goal of
obtaining first origination, and coordinating trading across
- Lead and direct staff accountability on increasing first
ownership by establishing data-based goals for facilities and staff
that deliver or exceed the regional forecast.
- Lead and direct staff accountability on shrink, mix & blend,
cost/bu. storage and capacity utilization, by establishing facility
goals and communicating facility results with regional staff.
- Lead by example to reinforce safe and ethical behaviors,
established guidelines and procedures, and various trainings (i.e.
safety, environmental, leadership); takes appropriate actions to
correct/report incidents/findings where applicable.
- Evaluate programs or functions, policies and procedures.
Identify issues and develop alternative solutions which may include
changes to programs, policies and procedures.
- Identify needs for and manage the planning and operations for
programs or functions that have significant business, regulatory
and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter
- Work with General Manager to develop and/or oversee budgets;
manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and
reporting and lead to continued growth of the business.
- Lead by example to reinforce development behaviors with direct
reports to continuously enhance performance and ensure they are
doing the same with their direct reports.
- Develop, communicate and manage strategies and individual staff
performance expectations that align with regional and divisional
- Oversee staffing and training activities of direct reports
(hiring, training, employee performance management, promotions,
corrective actions, terminations, etc.).
- Actively participate in trainee program; coach trainees through
their curriculum and plans/checklists.
- Other duties as assigned.EducationRequired - Bachelor's degree
or equivalent experience.ExperienceRequired - 10 years' experience
in both the commercial and operations sides of the Grain
business.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Diverse knowledge and understanding of facility cost
structures, mix and blend analysis, carry, interest, freight, FOB
and CIF marketing/sales.
- Diverse knowledge base of company's business, how the industry
makes money, futures, options on futures, and managed contracts to
maximize facility revenue, operational efficiencies and customer
- Strong knowledge and understanding of facility operations
including storage, rail and barge handling.
- Working knowledge and understanding of all company divisions,
the competition and industry.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of
Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and
outside the organization.
- Strong decision making, negotiation, and conflict management
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, with ability
to remain flexible to changing priorities.
- Ability to effective coach, mentor, and lead a large
- Ability to effectively communicate in large groups and
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal
channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.Here some additional
information you need to know
- This is a full-time position working out of our facility in
- Travel required, as needed, throughout the region,
quarterly/annual meetings, etc.Are you ready to make a meaningful
career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB
Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an
outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions,
medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability
benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays,
vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community
involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the
Law links in English or Spanish .The above is intended to describe
the general content of and requirements for the performance of this
position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and RecruitersCGB
Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with
recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with
whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third
parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact
made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party
will cancel any future business relationships between the third
party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.
Keywords: CGB Enterprises Inc, Memphis , Assistant Regional General Manager - Tunica, MS., Executive , Tunica, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!