Sr. EHS&S Manager
Posted on: August 8, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You
ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know
our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxter s
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. The Senior
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager is responsible for
the development, implementation, and administration of all
applicable environmental, safety and industrial hygiene support
programs and company policies. The ideal candidate will
strategically plan for and assist in compliance with all federal,
state, and local EHS regulations; act as primary liaison with
external regulatory agencies; communicate Baxter s Global EHS
Policies to the regional facilities; and lead roles in some select
or specialized EHS programs and/or activities as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, manage, and/or ensure compliance for
Environmental, Safety, and industrial hygiene compliance
- Evaluate and act upon new environmental & safety
- Manage site activities which impact areas of environmental
and/or safety compliance with Federal, State, or Local
- In collaboration with management, assist in developing and
implementing site policies concerning environmental and safety
- In collaboration with HR, oversee all Workman s Comp activities
and cases for the facility.
- Monitor and direct the facility regarding permits related to
operations and construction.
- Negotiate and secure contracts for hazardous and non-hazardous
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to, Environmental &
Safety Associates and Wastewater Treatment Operators.
- Primary contact for regulatory agencies such as EPA and OSHA
for inspections, permitting, and reporting.
- Assist with communication, information gathering, evaluating,
and responding to events or conditions that are not consistent with
- Provide facility representation during various EHS audits
including outside agency inquiries/inspections.
- Assist with EHS audits at the Corporate and Regional levels.
- Assist in the completion of annual EHS reporting requirements
into Baxter s Environmental Reporting System (ERS). Assist in the
validation of the quarterly ERS data from individual facilities.
Develop regional EHS reports as needed.
- Provide a monthly summary to the regional Associate Director of
EHS regarding pertinent facility EHS information.
- Assist with tracking and communication of regulatory
requirements within the region.
- Assure that plans are developed and executed to assure that
Baxter s activities are conducted in compliance with applicable
- Assist facilities with EHS training and develop written
programs where applicable
- Provide information and direction to management on potential
threats to the business that may result in legal action against our
organization or company officers.
- Ability to operate a car and travel via air, rail, or other
means of passenger conveyance at frequencies of approximately 5% -
- Must be conversant in EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations.
- Must hold a registered professional certification in the
environmental or safety field (i.e., CHMM, CSP, or CIH)Education
- B.S. Degree in Environmental, Safety, or related field
- M.S. Degree in Environmental or Safety Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years experience in related position
- Wearing personal protective equipment in the form of eye, head,
foot, and hearing protection.
- May require the occasional use of a respirator
- Ability to work in both office and manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify
that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions
or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance
with applicable law. Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal
opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected
veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally
protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster
Supplement Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter
is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information. Recruitment Fraud
Notice Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where
fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other
agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal
personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect
yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice . 062206
Keywords: BAXTER, Memphis , Sr. EHS&S Manager, Executive , Duncan, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!