Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: January 27, 2023
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus! Aimbridge Hospitality is actively looking
for the next General Manager to lead our team at the Homewood
Suites by Hilton Southwind-Hacks Cross! The ideal candidate has
experience with select service Hilton hotels and is a guest
satisfaction rock star. This is a great opportunity for an
experienced GM looking to break into the nation's largest
third-party management company. Aimbridge is a place to GROW,
SUCCEED, and BELONG! The General Manager is a polished well-spoken
and well-regarded ambassador who carries a strong vision for their
hotel. He or she is charged with responsibility for all aspects of
operations for their assigned property; providing support
supervision and guidance to their management team and front line
associates. He or she will ensure that financial performance is
optimized that high quality product and service levels are
maintained and that the hotel is operated in compliance with state
federal and local regulations as well as Company and brand
standards.The General Manager will establish priorities and lead
key operational initiatives such as the sales plan and budget
development and execution of physical property improvement
projects. They will provide hands on leadership to ensure that
revenue is maximized while expenses are effectively controlled.
They will serve as the linchpin for communications with guests and
clients associates ownership corporate representatives brand
representatives and key vendors. Exempt managers must customarily
and regular direct the work of at least 2 full-time associates or
their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative
executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time
and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and
independent judgement more than 50 percent of the
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related
field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6
years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and
wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's
standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales conduct a daily ABR
meeting focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account
calls each person will make and the potential business results of
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts including calling on
top ten accounts meeting clients hosting luncheons and receptions
and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily weekly and monthly
- Tour the operating departments daily making adjustments as
needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings including weekly training
sessions presented by managers and self using the steps to
effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards
and the review of previous and future sales and operations
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs
in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers
and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity
levels and Aimbridge Hospitality's standard checkbook accounting
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency
training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of
- Adhere to all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and procedures and
train new managers to ensure compliance. Oversee and assist in the
company budget process as required.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in
each department using the steps to effective training according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which
focuses on the guest through employee development and
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the
Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents
is received by the Corporate Office monthly in compliance with the
monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property
through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly
courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests managers
and all other employees.
- Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position by estimating
revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected
data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s. Ensure that
all managers are in compliance with the standards in their
interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant
position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
- Perform all department manager performance appraisals according
to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are in
compliance with the standards in their administration of
performance appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all management personnel
according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that
managers are in compliance with the standards in their
administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers employees and other
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment
according to Aimbridge Hspitality S.O.P.'s.
- Meet all sales clients on the property including meeting
contacts and potential clients touring the property to assist in
the sales effort.
- Be in the public areas during peak times greeting guests and
offering assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically
with regard to security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
- Conduct bi-monthly credit meetings and take an active role in
the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules and become
certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the
property.Welcome home to Homewood Suites by Hilton Southwind-Hacks
Cross. Travelers will discover a country home minutes from
Interstate 240, and convenient to Memphis International (MEM)
Airport. Located across from TPC Southwind - home of the PGA St
Jude Classic - this all-suite Memphis, TN hotel is within 20
minutes of almost anywhere in Memphis. A fitness center with modern
cardio equipment, free weights and a pool allow guests to maintain
any exercise program. This all-suite hotel features an outdoor
basketball court in addition to an outdoor sports ground for
volleyball and soccer. We have a wide range of great restaurants
within walking distance. Whether guests are in Memphis on business,
to visit Graceland, attend the NBA Memphis Grizzlies at FedEx
Forum, discover Beale Street, or take in the National Civil Rights
Museum, they'll arrive to a host of included extras and a warm
Tennessee welcome at Homewood Suites by Hilton Southwind-Hacks
Cross.As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and
22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury
hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates
around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and
driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone
is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with
Aimbridge Hospitality.After an initial waiting period, those hired
into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits
package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Sick Pay start accruing right away!
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Quarterly bonus plan of up to 50%!Job ID: 2023-201711
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Street: 3583 Hacks Cross Road
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Memphis , General Manager, Executive , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!