Company: Sonepar USA
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business.
Founded in 1926, we continue to be an industry leader in providing
products and solutions used in all industrial automation assembly,
manufacturing, and commercial & contractor applications.
Irby Electric continues to be one of the largest electrical
distribution companies in the southeastern region of the United
States, with a geographical footprint of 27 branches, spanning 7
states, composed of over 400 highly dedicated associates. Our
business has experienced incredible growth in recent years due to
our focused business strategy, digital transformation, and
customer-focused solutions. As an operating company of the Sonepar
USA family, we unite with a group of the finest locally managed
electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United
States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
Directs, coordinates, and/or delegates the local functions such as
inside sales, counter sales, warehouse, delivery and administrative
activities of an individual branch either directly or through
subordinate supervisors in order to achieve branch and company
goals and objectives, e.g. sales, profitability, customer service
levels, inventory turns, etc. Responsible for obtaining optimum
efficiency, economy of operations, and maximization of profits from
these activities by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Address, mediate, and resolve customer concerns, complaints,
- Interact regularly with customers.
- Support the sales team and counter as necessary.
- Works with Product Managers to manage pricing matrix and sales
team to manage contracts including customer specific matrices and
Special Pricing Agreements (SPAs).
- Coordinate counter maintenance/merchandising/promotional
activity with merchandising manager.
- Conduct performance evaluations and address branch personnel
- Interview & hire applicants for branch positions.
- Coordinate & complete annual inventory.
- Manage branch inventory status.
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies and adjustments daily.
- Negotiate pricing and issues with vendors in conjunction with
local & company purchasing.
- Prepare branch budgets and forecasts.
- Develop business plans for branch operations.
- Develop capital expenditure plan.
- Manage branch sales performance, business plans, customer
service levels, and status of branch projects in coordination with
- Manage branch financial performance (statement of operations,
account delinquency reports, etc.) in coordination with District
- Manage branch warehouse operations.
- Approve branch expenses and salaries.
- Monitor Eclipse queues on a daily basis.
- Data mine in Eclipse, DSP, and the Intranet for decision
- Confers with other managers and administrative personnel to
review achievements and discuss required changes in goals,
objectives, programs, or operations resulting from current status
- Transmits administrative information, policies and procedures,
decisions, changes, etc. to subordinates.
- Ensures all branch activities are prioritized and accomplished
in a timely manner according to company policy and procedure.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the
- Provides support on quotations or price estimates, terms and
delivery for standard, complex or non-standard products.
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business
- Keeps a careful, accurate and daily record of expenses to be
- Represents company at industry, vendor, or trade association
meetings to promote products, service and company.
- Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a
positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant
telephone etiquette, as a representative of goodwill on behalf of
the company at work or during company travel.
- Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical and
professional knowledge of products and general managerial skills to
assist customers and other company personnel.
- 5-7 years of sales and operational experience
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports,
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, legal documents or governmental regulations.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, and
present information to top management, customers, vendors,
employees and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintaining effective working
- Ability to perform math functions representative of the job
such as: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; Compute rate,
ratio, and draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions in order to solve practical problems where
only limited information and standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Bachelor's Degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college;
and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master's
Degree is preferred.
Keywords: Sonepar USA, Memphis , Branch Manager, Executive , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!