Country Manager - USA
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job Success Profile Country Manager 1. - - - Mission Statement
The Country Manager's primary responsibility is to be in charge of
business development in a particular country or region. They handle
a wide range of tasks such as launching, developing, and managing
the production and distribution of a business's products or
services in a given country. The Country Manager will lead the
Sales and Operations organizations within the Country or assigned
geography. - This position helps Buckman capture market share from
the competition through profitable revenue growth and the execution
of our defined growth strategies. - - The following country
functions report to this position:
- Operations - Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Logistics,
Procurement, SHERQ, Customer Services, Process Safety, Engineering,
- Commercial - local Sales and Marketing (Some of the countries
may not have all of the sub-functions above) 2. - - - Outcomes and
Objectives Manage all business activities in one country The
Country Manager is responsible for the highest management for all
business activities of the enterprise in a country. This means they
will be responsible for revenue, profit, working capital,
compliance and product quality goals. At the same time, the Country
Manager must maintain the highest levels of alignment,
collaboration and communication with global Buckman leadership
(C-suite). Aligns and Executes Plans and Strategies
- Leads and drive collaboration in the country's management team
and within the global Buckman matrix structure
- Aligns strategy with top leadership and communicates plans and
strategies to associates
- Demonstrates an understanding of country competitors, key
industry issues, economic trends and the implications to the
business and take actions as required
- Ensures that decisions and initiatives are consistent with
Buckman's broader strategies and long-term direction
- Ensures the execution of the global growth strategy in the
country Drives Results
- Sets challenging and clear expectations to the team, manages
- Drives for an increase in sales, operating profit and market
profit contribution that are aligned with global plans
- Actively coaches leaders on how to grow sales, achieve work
results, plans and KPMs
- Holds leaders accountable for achieving work results, plans and
KPMs at all levels of the organization
- Identifies and obtains resources needed to accomplish country
- Addresses barriers to achieving results and any sources of
- Initiates and drives CI to reduce complexity, costs and
increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops and implements strategies to optimize the country
supply chain network to deliver cost savings and greater
efficiency. - Financial Results Management
- Monitors financial results and draws conclusions to make
business and workforce decisions
- Develops and implements appropriate financial plans, budgets
and forecasts that are reliable
- Chooses appropriate course of action to maximize revenue and
- Conducts regular reviews against plans and takes appropriate
corrective action Ethical, Safe and Environmentally Sound
- Adheres to Buckman's Code of Ethics
- Visibly supports and ensure the safety and environmental
- Communicates and demonstrates the Buckman Safety and
Environmental Values and Principles
- Integrates safety and environmental policies into objectives,
strategies and business plans
- Provides appropriate resources to carry out safety and
- Holds others accountable for working in an environmentally
responsible and safe manner
- Evaluates the safety and environmental results of the Company
and make necessary adjustment
- Ensures maintenance and or attaining necessary management
systems aligned to ISO (or similar) standards for safety,
environmental management and quality that meet local market needs.
- Visibly supports and lead talent management activities and
- Holds leaders accountable for actively coaching and developing
- Develops successors and talent pools to build bench strength
and availability of future talent
- Provides feedback and coaching to support others' skill
development Leads Changes that Drive Buckman 4.0
- Embraces and leads key changes across the country that are
aligned with Buckman 4.0. - Holds leaders and associates
accountable for supporting needed changes.
- Leads the implementation of the digital strategy in the
country, ensuring both sales and applicable operational outcomes
are delivered - aligned with the Global Digital organization and
- Leads the digital transformation in the local organization,
driving optimization, becoming the digital trusted advisor to our
customers. - Demonstrates digital savviness and an openness to
digital selling techniques and different routes to market. -
Ensures Sound Corporate Governance
- Identifies, mitigates and monitors potential business
- Ensures compliance with local legislation and changes
- Ensures alignment and compliance with Global Buckman Corporate
Governance and Risk Management requirements
- Leads and drives local compliance requirements
- Ensures all external and internal audit recommendations are
implemented Effective Represents Buckman
- Maintains and builds relationships with all stakeholders
- Representing Buckman at key meetings with customers; suppliers,
government/regulators and the community
- Representing the Company with media when required
- Ensures good public image of Company in the local market 3. - -
- Success Metrics
- Country safety performance
- Country FCF, GM, OP, MPC, sales, and gross profit; including
year over year growth
- Customer penetration and retention
- Conversion rate and trial success rate
- Market Share
- Work force effectiveness: USD OP/associate (people cost)
- Digital sales as % of total sales and Digital Quotient
- Regulatory compliance 4. - - - Main Decision-Making Rights -
accountable/decision maker for:
- Enterprise Strategies and resource allocation.
- Executing country sales strategies.
- Allocation of investment approved by C-Suite and rolling out
performance targets across the region.
- Differentiated investment on a certain geography or application
within the country.
- Divesting efforts from existing applications.
- Identifying geographies or applications within an industry to
- Indirect channel / route to market
- The best route to market for a new or existing offering.
- Changes in distributors to better serve an industry or
- Define who is allowed to sign distributor agreements.
- Prioritizing R&D and digital projects for commercialization
within a business unit
- After leadership has made allocations to the regions, what
R&D and digital projects are prioritized, piloted, and
commercialized within the country.
- Supply chain network optimization
- How to optimize the country supply chain network.
- How the country supply chain network should change based upon a
new manufacturing technology.
- What country supply chain network changes should be made after
Buckman rolls out a new product line.
- Go-forward approach to optimizing country supply chain
operations after an acquisition. 5. - - - Competencies: --- - - - -
- - - - - Job Competencies - Results Leadership: --- - - - - - - -
- - Aligns Execution --- - - - - - - - - - Ensures accountability
--- - - - - - - - - - Job Competencies - People Leadership: --- - -
- - - - - - - Attracts and develops top talent --- - - - - - - - -
- Drives vision and purpose --- - - - - - - - - - Job Competencies
- Thought Leadership: --- - - - - - - - - - Strategic mindset --- -
- - - - - - - - Business insight --- - - - - - - - - - Financial
acumen --- - - - - - - - - - Job Competencies - Self Leadership:
--- - - - - - - - - - Nimble learning --- - - - - - - - - - Courage
6. - - - Minimum requirements to apply Must have had successful
- Setting clear strategies for the business, building an
actionable plan and following through to successfully deliver
outstanding results in a consistent manner.
- Building a high performing team - demonstrated ability to
attract top talent, grow and develop talent, exit below expectation
team members - maximizing team output.
- Deep financial acumen including defining clear financial
performance goals for cash, sales and profitability and meeting
high levels of growth performance for a business.
- Sales and profitability performance management and delivery -
- Outstanding customer focus including the ability to develop
strong, long-term customer relationships.
- Experience developing and delivering supply chain optimization
- Minimum 10+ years of sales leadership experience with
progressive leadership capabilities shown
- A bachelor's degree in Chemical engineering and/or business is
required. - MBA is preferred.
- Experience in an industry that Buckman serves
(Paper/Water/Performance Chemicals) is highly desirable
- The successful candidate must be able to speak and write in
English fluently. - Must have these Competencies:
- Aligns Execution
- Ensures accountability
- Business insight
- Financial acumen Location:
- Within the country assigned to the role.
Keywords: Buckman, Memphis , Country Manager - USA, Executive , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...