Specialty Account Manager, Teprotumumab
Company: Horizon Pharma
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Working at Horizon Pharma is more than a job - it's personal. We
define success by a different set of numbers: the number of lives
touched, the number of lives changed, the number of lives saved.
We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to
do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive
to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share
because when we live up to our potential, we help patients live up
Territory: Memphis, TN and Fayetteville, AR
The Specialty Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for representing
Horizon products to physicians and health care professionals,
establishing Biotech/Infusion product sales, and performing total
territory account management. The SAM is also responsible for
providing account management support to accounts within a specific
geography in the ENDO/OPHTHO marketplace with a focus on issues
specific to patient access and reimbursement, and will serve as a
resource to accounts to include ENDO/OPHTHO offices/Integrated
Delivery Networks (IDNs)/Hospitals/Infusion Centers on
reimbursement regulations and processes, and payer policies, as
appropriate. The SAM acts as central account manager; responsible
for driving product demand and coordinating relevant field teams to
address account needs.
- Develops a comprehensive and effective territory business plan
aimed at achieving and exceeding annual sales goals established by
Commercial Operations Management.
- Promotes Company products within approved labeling in a
comprehensive, fair and ethical manner that is consistent with
industry specific and corporate legal and regulatory
- Addresses issues related to access, pull-through, and
reimbursement of Horizon Biologic/Infusion products in the
- Develops strong customer relationships by better understanding
the customer's needs and goals and communicating those needs and
goals to other Company team members.
- Serves as a resource/consultant to customers and Horizon staff
regarding local, regional and national payer policies,
reimbursement regulations and processes (i.e., eligibility and
benefit verification, prior-authorization, billing, coding, claims,
and appeals/denials), Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations,
and OSHA and HIPAA compliance as related to Horizon products.
- Consistently meets or exceeds corporate sales goals.
- Communicates territory activity in an accurate and timely
manner as directed by management.
- Provides feedback to Commercial Operations Management,
colleagues, Marketing, and other internal departments about
changing environment and results.
- Attends medical congresses and society meetings as needed.
- Adheres to the Company's compliance policies and guidelines as
well as any other applicable guidelines, including but not limited
to the PhRMA code.
- Successfully completes all Company training classes.
- Completes administrative duties in an accurate and timely
- Manages efforts within assigned promotional and operational
- Maximizes use of approved resources to achieve territory and
account level goals
- Functions as a contributing member of a high performance
- Must be able to work closely with patient services and market
access team members, and understand their roles, to achieve overall
- Coordinate between accounts and relevant Horizon field teams to
support full range of account needs
- Drive product demand among targets through education on disease
state and product information
- Educate HCPs and office staff on ASOC options
- Perform such other tasks and responsibilities as requested by
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree required, Business or Science discipline
- Graduate business or healthcare related degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years pharma/account management selling
- Buy-and-bill experience with documented success required;
biologic/infusion experience preferred
- Sales experience in Endocrinology, Ophthalmology, and/or
rare/specialty disease states preferred
- Site of care and reimbursement experience preferred
- Experience working with institutions and integrated delivery
- Pharma account management selling experience essential; must be
able to coordinate across field teams to address full range of
- Requires approximately 80% travel, including some overnight and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Qualifications Required for Internal Candidates (in addition to
- Minimum of 6 months in current role (at time of
- In good standing with performance expectation, HR and
- Approval from direct manager and senior leadership
- Ranked in the top 50% of 2018 President's Club rankings (if
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Pharma plc does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are
given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on
job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability,
needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or
at any time during the application process, should contact the
Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Horizon Pharma, Memphis , Specialty Account Manager, Teprotumumab, Executive , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!