General Manager - Full-Time
Company: Benihana National Corp
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Location: US-TN-MemphisID: 2019-15689# of Openings: 1Category:
OperationsStore Number: 1018Doing Business As: Benihana
MemphisBusiness Unit: Benihana National Corp.Position Type:
Full-TimeOverviewResponsible for the overall performance of
restaurant operations including customer service,financials, food
quality, beverage quality, guest and employee safety practices.
Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and
leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs,
profitability, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction,
food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation. Oversees all purchases
of food, beverage, supplies and equipment. Regularly measure and
evaluate service levels and standards using guest and employee
feedback and develop plans for continuous improvement. Ensures
restaurant is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and
local laws, codes and regulations.ResponsibilitiesGeneral
- Oversees and manages all areas of the restaurant and makes
final decisions on guest service issues.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
Communicates with guests and employees to solve problems and
ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Inspects dining room, food receiving, preparation, production
and storage areas to ensure health and safety regulations are being
adhered to at all times
- Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arranges
for repairs, contracts and other services.
- Maintains appropriate restaurant image, including restaurant
cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests
throughout the restaurant. Ensures proper emergency and security
procedures are in place and all employees have been appropriately
- Plans, coordinates and has final approval on the scheduling of
all restaurant departments.
- Prepares all required paperwork, including forms, reports and
schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Assist in developing, planning, and executing restaurant
marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns.
Communicates to staff and ensures all employees are aware of
- Follows all federal, state and local laws, codes and
regulations outlined in the RA Employee Handbook
Food Safety and Planning:
- Ensures sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure
compliance with operational standards, company policies,
federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Ensures consistent high quality of food preparation and
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and
served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking,
and serving standards.
- Responsible for all restaurant inventories including food,
liquor, beer, wine, furniture, accessories, equipment, & tool
inventories and must constantly manage & maintain documented
detailed status in all areas including on hand quantities, costs, &
- Ensure product is always on hand on an as needed basis, through
systematic ordering and forecasting techniques.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and
condition, and, deliveries are received in accordance with the
restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
Keywords: Benihana National Corp, Memphis , General Manager - Full-Time, Executive , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!