Registered Nurse 2
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Responsible for the nursing care of patients requiring substantial
specialized judgment and skill. This judgment and skill is based on
knowledge of the natural, behavioral and nursing sciences and
humanities as the basis for application of the nursing process in
wellness and illness care. Models appropriate behavior as
exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Effective August 1, 2014 , new hires (newly hired or rehired at
MLH) or current Associates entering this job must also meet one of
the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor's degree or higher in nursing from an
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program to
complete a BSN or MSN within 3 years of hire date (written
agreement required); or
- Sign a written agreement to enroll in an accredited nursing
program to complete a BSN or MSN within 3 years of hire date.
Licensed to practice as a professional nurse in the state where
work is performed or compact license.
Effective June 1, 2018: All new hires and transfers are required to
have BLS certification.
Effective 10/1/2016 : In lieu of BSN requirement, select MLH
facilities may hire an Associate's Degree prepared, licensed RN,
with three (3) or more years of clinical experience. Acquiring a
BSN within three (3) years from date of hire may be waived at
select MLH facilities.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles,
concepts and techniques, which are central to the professional
discipline in Nursing.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess complex patient
conditions effectively and to develop comprehensive plans of care.
Synthesizes multiple sources of information to assist in the
resolution of human responses to complex problems
Key Job Responsibilities
- Patient assessments are performed accurately and timely.
- Develops a prioritized holistic plan of care based on a
comprehensive assessment, desired outcomes, and current
- Safely implements the plan of care for patients, either
directly or by delegation.
- Evaluates the patient plan of care on a continuous basis.
- Effectively communicates in writing and orally with
patients/families and other health team members.
- Demonstrates and promotes professional practice of all members
of the nursing care team.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to
hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
- Ability to handle and administer narcotics as needed.
- Ability to read and write to communicate orally and in writing
with other individuals.
- Normal hearing; normal vision, including color, night and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. without assistance and
push and pull up to 250 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, sit in one place, squat,
kneel, reach, bend, crawl and twist throughout the shift.
- Ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motion as well as
using hands for gripping and squeezing; ability to use hands and
feet together for repetitive, coordinated motions.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Nearest Major Market: Memphis
Job Segment: Facilities, Cardiac, Nursing, Night, Registered Nurse,
Keywords: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis , Registered Nurse 2, Healthcare , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!