Primary Care Physician needed in Memphis, TN (Whitehaven) (Physician #
Company: Sanitas Medical Center
Posted on: September 15, 2020
Provides quality, comprehensive inpatient and outpatient primary
health care services to the Medical Center's patients. Reports
directly to the Medical Director regarding clinical issues and
activities related to the delivery of medical care. Primary Care
Physicians are expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals
and objectives of the Center and work collaboratively to achieve
them. They must be cognizant of, and comply with, all Center
policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal
regulations. Primary Care Physicians provide the full scope of
primary care services, which fall under his/her field of training,
including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of
care, preventive care and health maintenance of their patients
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Obtain health history and perform physical examinations.
- Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for
- Prescribe medication in accordance with Florida statute and
professional practice guidelines.
- Maintains a problem oriented health record for each patient
seen in accordance with the Center's established Health Information
Management policies and procedures.
- Assures continuity of care by providing comprehensive medical
services on a timely basis as per Clinic schedule within the
Center's scope of practice and the provider's training.
- Provides excellent internal/external customer service via
telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with
their health care needs.
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at
- Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and
follow-up in a timely manner.
- Follows established departmental and medical center policies,
procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvements
objectives and safety, environmental, and/or infection control
- Participates in specified health promotion, education and/or
prevention programs as needed i.e. diabetes collaborative/health
fairs etc.; attends and participates in medical center meetings /
departmental meetings and other medical center functions as
required by the Center.
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as
- Assist in outside medical public relations functions.
- Trains, mentors and supervises students and clinical support
staff, as appropriate Supervises mid-level practitioners (physician
assistants and nurse practitioners).
- Perform other duties as assigned by medical director .
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully per form the
essential functions of this job.
While per forming the duties of this job the employee is regularly
required to work standing up, walk, use hands to operate tools and
equipment and must be able to exert regularly up to 10 pounds of
force, frequently exert 30 pounds of force and occasionally exert
50 pounds of force to constantly perform the essential job
functions. The employee will be frequently required to reach with
hands and arms , bend, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, and
pull. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus. The employee is subject to environmental
conditions; protection from weather conditions but not necessarily
from temperature changes. The worker is subject to noise; there may
be sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be
heard above ambient noise level.
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: Sanitas Medical Center, Memphis , Primary Care Physician needed in Memphis, TN (Whitehaven) (Physician #, Healthcare , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!