Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Location: Memphis, TN, USSummary Provides care in a medical
practice office or clinic under the direction of a provider.
Maintains a clean and safe environment, provide patient care and
provide patients with information. Provides mentoring for Level 1
Medical Assistants in the same physician office. Models appropriate
behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision and
Values.Education/Experience/Licensure Education/Formal TrainingWork
ExperienceCredential/LicensureREQUIRED:High School graduate or
equivalent.Minimum 2 years of experience working in a medical
facility as a Medical Assistant or other similar health care
experience.Current certification as a Medical Assistant through one
of the following:American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA),
National Health Career Association (NHA), National Center for
Competency Testing (NCCT), National Association of Health
Professionals (NAHP),OrRegistered as a Medical Assistant (RMA),
American Registry of Medical Assistants. Effective June 1, 2018:
New Hires and Transfers are required to have current AHA
"Heartsaver" Certification.PREFERRED: Graduate of an accredited
medical assisting program.Two years' experience working in an MLH
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to work with patients, patient families and physicians in a tactful
and professional manner.
- Satisfactorily completes applicable competency assessments and
skills checklist for Level 2; demonstrates proficiency in all
- Ability to begin the patient visit with eye contact, smile and
greeting, while using the patient's name.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
multidisciplinary team. Successful completion of assigned training
and development programs for the role within the mandated time
- Performs computer skills demonstrated by successful navigation
of the EMR with appropriate documentation. Demonstrates ability to
review computer reports following evidenced based guidelines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in motivational interviewing and teach
back method techniques.
- Ability to act quickly in emergency situations. Key Job
- Proactively fulfills patient care responsibilities as requested
by physician or other clinicians in the physician office.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may
include setting up exam room, instruments, and other
- Fulfills clinical medical assisting responsibilities as
required. Physical Requirements
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing,
pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling,
stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work -
exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs.
of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including
color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an
activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data
and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to
hazardous or poisonous materials.
Keywords: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!