Master Level Social Worker
Company: Support Solutions
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The incumbent serves as Master Social Worker for Support Solutions
of Tennessee; provides psychiatric social work assistance to
persons with mental illness and their families. Collaborates with
the psychiatric and medical treatment team in diagnosis and
treatment planning for persons supported.The knowledge base of
clinical social work includes theories of biological,
psychological, and social development; diversity and cultural
competency; interpersonal relationships; family and group dynamics;
mental disorders; addictions; impacts of illness, trauma, or
injury; and the effects of the physical, social, and cultural
- Oversee scheduling of individual therapy services (delegate if
- Provide individual and group services
- Provide treatment notes in the clinical system.
- Update treatment team as needed regarding the care of the
- Notify Patients/staff of IOP cancellations
- Assist with Marketing activities for the Mental Health Clinic
- Develop new Intensive Outpatient groups based on population
- Present case situations and pertinent information to Lead
Therapist, Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatrist and other members of
the health team, on patient's family and social background
pertinent to diagnosis and treatment.
- Helps patients to respond constructively to treatment and
assist in adjustment leading to and following discharge.
- Interprets psychiatric treatment to patient's family and helps
to reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of
psychiatric care and continuation of treatment.
- Serve as the link between the patient, psychiatric agency, and
- Works directly in a treatment relationship with patients,
individually or in groups, in consultation with LCSW and Nurse
Practitioner or Psychiatrist.
- Uses research-based strengths-based social work approach to
- Can assess and make clinical evaluations of patient's mental
health and create treatment plans appropriate to assessed
- Participate in coordination of care team meetings to regularly
assess progress and update.
- Must have a master's degree in counseling or social work.
- Must also have a good understanding of clinical diagnoses and
interventions to address mental health conditions.
- Desired experience working with people with developmental and
intellectual disabilities.Support Solutions is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer that is committed to diversity. Support
Solutions does not discriminate in employment opportunities,
decisions, or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, age, mental or
physical handicap or disability, citizenship, gender identity,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Support Solutions will make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with known disabilities; unless doing so would result
in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of
employment, including hiring, job assignment, promotion,
compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and
Keywords: Support Solutions, Memphis , Master Level Social Worker, Healthcare , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!