Site Collection Specialist
Company: All Medical Personnel
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Specialty: Site Collection SpecialistLocation: Sikeston, MO
Shift: Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.; 8:30 a.m. - 1:30
p.m. (availability until 4 p.m.)Duration: 13 WeeksStart: ASAP Job
- Arrange daily activities based on urgency of ordered labs and
stability for collected samples.
- Access/review's the customer's EMR or lab ordering portal to
confirm what labs have been ordered for collection date (recurring
or STAT labs) and liaison's with the facility team members for any
questions on lab orders/status.
- Verifies lab orders have been signed off on by provider's,
prior to collection.
- Prepares for patient collection using approved collection
devices, PPE and other collection support items.
- Identify patients, prior to collecting, using their ID,
documents, or other means, such as confirming patient
identification with facility staff.
- Determine the proper specimen collection steps needed
- Reassure patients and help them relax.
- Draw blood/bodily fluids/etc. using sterilized and approved
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples, per lab test,
as required by the lab.
- Records required patient data accurately on the requisition
forms/electronic lab orders, including patient demographic, payment
and diagnostic reasons for testing.
- Completes all required documentation for samples to be
processed at the lab.
- Documents patient encounters to record any 'refusals' or
patient's who's labs could not be completed while onsite.
- Accurately labels patient specimen and efficiently packs the
specimen for transport, shipping or courier service.
- Informs courier service and lab of samples that need to be
picked up immediately or drop off all specimen samples to the
laboratory physical location.
- Maintains professionalism while interacting with clinic staff,
patients and physiciansQualifications:
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Certified and/or professionally trained and experienced
- To perform collections in California, Louisiana, Nevada, and
Washington, must carry active certification(s) per state
- Completed phlebotomy training course(s) and can provide
documentation of completed training/certification
- At least one year phlebotomy/specimen collections experience,
with references to experience
- Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook
- Familiarity with laboratory procedures, HIPAA guidelines
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable/consistent
- Ability to travel, consistently up to two (2) hours from home
to assigned customer site
- Must have a detail orientation, the proven ability to
prioritize work and multi-task. About Us:All Medical Personnel is a
national leader in healthcare staffing recognized by Staffing
Industry Analysts (SIA) as one of the nation's largest healthcare
staffing firms. Our goal is to simplify the travel nursing process
with a flexible and personalized approach. Our clients range from
local, regional and national healthcare organizations throughout
the United States. Whatever the focus of your medical career, we
can help you find the perfect travel nursing opportunity!
Keywords: All Medical Personnel, Memphis , Site Collection Specialist, Healthcare , Sikeston, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!