RN 7On/7Off shift
Company: LHC New
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Why become a Registered Nurse with Extendicare Home Health, a part
of LHC Group ?
" This rotation allows me to recharge and spend more time with my
family." - LHC Group Home Health RN.
7-on-7-off shifts provide our Home Health RNs with flexibility and
work-life balance to better support them. This scheduling offers 7
days of consecutive shifts followed by 7 days scheduled
- Extendicare Home Health, a part ot The LHC Group, is a national
provider of in-home healthcare services, with an emphasis on
providing quality, value-based healthcare to patients in the
comfort and privacy of their home.
- A career with LHC Group means you will be empowered to provide
the kind of service you can be proud of. Our emphasis on
person-centered care affords the time and opportunity to make a
real difference in people's lives every day.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Packages
- 401(k) Match Program
- Rapid Career Advancement Opportunities & Internal Promotions
with a Career Plan
- All-Encompassing Orientation and Fast Trak Option for Home Care
- Great Company Culture - Join our Family!
** Earn up to 80K+
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse:
- The RN delivers high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers
patients to manage their health at home.
- The RN provides comprehensive patient care ranging from IV
insertion, wound care, medication management, educating on disease
- The RN makes the initial and/or comprehensive nursing
evaluation visit, determines primary focus of care, develops the
plan of care within State specific guidelines, and submits
accurate, complete, and timely documentation, per policy.
Extendicare Home Health is the preferred post-acute care partner
for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health
and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based
services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that
empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and
health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to
deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals,
physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by
a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Provides clinical services within the scope of practice, as
defined by the state laws governing the practice of nursing, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Makes the initial and-or comprehensive nursing evaluation
visit, determines primary focus of care, develops the plan of care
within State specific guidelines, and submits accurate, complete,
and timely documentation, per policy.
- Regularly evaluates and re-evaluates (as warranted by changes
in condition but at least every 60 days) the patient's nursing
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments at designated time
points and develops the appropriate POC, in collaboration with
- Ensures patients meet home health eligibility and medical
necessity guidelines as defined by payer source.
- Initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions
to the plan of care in collaboration with the physician and other
health care professional's involved in care.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines, as indicated by patient's
- Responds to outcome coordinator-coder and Patient Care Manager
requests for clarification to OASIS assessments on the same day
that the request for more information is sent.
- Plots patient encounters for the episode and determines needed
RN encounters based on patient's needs and regulations.
- Instructs and supervises the patient's family-caregiver in the
care of the patient and maintenance of a healthy environment for
- Actively participates in weekly case conferences.
- Maintains a current and accurate patient medication
- After start of care (SOC) assessment, reports the status of the
patient, assessed needs, and plan of care overview to the team
leader on same day (or by next business day if after hours).
- Observes, records and reports to the physician and/or team
leader the patient's signs and symptoms, response to treatment and
changes in the patient's condition, as appropriate. Ensures
adequate Team Leader (TL) communication when physician follow-up is
- Communicates changes in visit assignments, dates of scheduled
visits, and schedule changes to scheduler and Patient Care Manger
to ensure patient needs are met.
- Communicates timely and effectively with agency personnel and
ordering physician as required to process orders and OASIS data
sets, schedule home visits, and deliver services to patient as
ordered by physician and in accordance with applicable laws and
- Facilitates hand-off communication to RN and PCM who will cover
patients in their absence, prior to scheduled days off.
- Performs regular and supervisory visits according to the plan
of care and submits complete visit notes within 24 hours of
- Directly and/or indirectly supervises care provided by the home
health aides and licensed practical vocational nurses, provides
instruction as appropriate, and assigns tasks according to State
and federal regulations.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Adheres to and participates in the agency's Episode Management
- Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel as
- Completes LHC required learning courses, additional assignments
per DON request, as well as any state specific required
training per state regulation-practice act requirements.
- Participates in the performance improvement plan and process to
ensure positive patient outcomes.
Education & Experience
- Current RN licensure in state of Tennessee.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Drivers License, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability.
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete full vaccination
by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be required. If
permitted by state law, the company will consider requests for
religious or medical exemptions.
Keywords: LHC New, Memphis , RN 7On/7Off shift, Healthcare , Cordova, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!