Director, Nurse Residency & Recruitment Job
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Summary The Nurse Residency & Recruitment Director is responsible for the development and maintenance of a dynamic Nurse Residency and Recruitment Program that prepares new graduate nurses for safe and effective delivery of nursing care. The incumbent provides supervision, coaching and evaluation of team members in roles associated with the Nurse Residency Program.-- Responsible for the overall direction of the Graduate Nurse Residency Program, including collaboration with Human Resources and Nursing to recruit graduate nurse residents and experienced RN---s, the development and implementation of program curriculum, oversight of resident progression through program components, and development of innovative strategies for retention of nurses across the system. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values. Education/Experience/Licensure -- Education/Formal Training Work Experience Credential/Licensure -- REQUIRED: Master---s degree in Nursing from an accredited program required Five (5) years of professional nursing experience. -- Licensed to practice as a professional nurse in the state where work is performed or compact license. -- Effective June 1, 2018: All new hires and transfers are required to have BLS certification. -- -- PREFERRED: Doctoral degree preferred Nurse Residency and recruitment experience strongly preferred N/A -- SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED: N/A N/A N/A Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Ability to integrate evidence-based practice that fosters nursing excellence in the delivery of care to diverse populations.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills in the clinical environment.
- Ability to benchmark best practices and strive for continuous improvement by forming partnerships to share information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and retain graduate nurses.
- Ability to develop and understand complex written materials, such as business plans.
- Ability to use data, interpret reports, analyze, draw conclusions, and make appropriate plans.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of Associate, management and physicians.----
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and groups of people toward the accomplishment of work and organizational goals.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in applying the nursing process, nursing skills, and nursing research into patient care, teaching, and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skill in developing and implementing long-range plans and programs, including measures of success.----
- Demonstrated knowledge of leadership development strategies related to mentoring and succession planning. Key Job Responsibilities
- Participates with Human Resources and Nursing in the recruitment and hiring process of graduate nurse residents and experienced RN---s, including assisting in the development of recruitment strategies, participation in recruitment events, serving as a liaison to regional schools of nursing, participating in the panel interview process and ensuring a seamless and successful hiring process.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a dynamic and innovative Nurse Residency Program that prepares new graduate nurses for safe and effective delivery of nursing care. Serves as a resource for nurse interns and externs.
- In conjunction with Clinical Education, utilizes research and evidence to advance the level of education provided using data to drive and modify programs.
- Coordinates the entry of the graduate nurse residents into the program, including appropriate testing, orientation and competency verification to facilitate integration into the hospital system.
- Evaluates program outcomes and reports data to system leaders.
- Supervises and coaches assigned care team members in roles associated with Nurse Residency Program including goal setting, skill development and performance appraisal.
- Communicates effectively with both internal and external customers and entities to facilitate identification and resolution of issues or program elements, to ensure the program remains dynamic and updated, with residency program development reflecting current and innovative best practices related to graduate nurse residents. Physical Requirements
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.
Keywords: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis , Director, Nurse Residency & Recruitment Job, Healthcare , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!