Neurovascular Lab Angio Spec II FT Days (University) Job
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Summary Responsible for providing technical assistance to the Cardiologist during a cardiac catheterization or angioplasty, tilt table, electrophysiology procedure or cardioversion, which may include performing radiological diagnostic and interventional procedures, therapeutic procedures such as intraortic balloon pump insertion, temporary pacemaker insertion or intravascular ultrasound, calculating hemodynamic data or providing patient care. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.-- Education/Experience/Licensure -- Education/Formal Training Work Experience Credential/Licensure -- REQUIRED: Completion of a formal education program in radiography accredited by a mechanism acceptable to ARRT. -- Minimum of one year of experience performing special procedure examinations in the Cath Lab. --
- Certification and registration as R.T.(R) ARRT. --
- ACLS certification --
- Effective June 1, 2018: New Hires and Transfers are required to have current BLS Certification. -- -- PREFERRED: N/A N/A N/A -- SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED: N/A N/A N/A Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Skill in performing special procedure examinations in the Cath Lab.
- Successfully passes the annual pharmacy exam.
- Ability to understand and prepare complex written materials, such as patient records.
- Ability to communicate verbally with co-workers, physicians and patients and their families.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to exercise independent judgement in a professional area. Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides radiological procedures during cardiac catheterizations and interventional procedures.
- Assists Cardiologist or Cardiovascular Surgeon during the insertion of balloon pumps, temporary and permanent pacemaker insertion or intravascular ultrasound procedure.
- Administers prescribed medications intravenously, orally and intramuscularly as directed by Cardiologist.
- Performs duties of a scrub assistant during catheterizations, EP procedures, angioplasty and stent procedures, rotoblade procedures, and intravascular ultrasound procedures.
- Provides postoperative care for patients including adults and geriatrics.
- Records hemodynamic data with computerized system and has advanced knowledge of how to: calculate pressures, cardiac output, ventricular volumes, valve area and other information required for cardiac cath report and adequately monitor complicated right heart and angioplasty procedures.
- Performs as circulating nurse and provides peri-operative care for patients during routine and complicated procedures.
- Provides technical assistance to other Associates in the Cath Lab.
- Performs other job functions as assigned or requested. Physical Requirements
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 300 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
Keywords: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis , Neurovascular Lab Angio Spec II FT Days (University) Job, Healthcare , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!