Research Lab Specialist (Developmental Neurobiology)
Company: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Posted on: February 14, 2019
OverviewAt St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital, we provide state-of-the-art technologies, extraordinary support and a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment. The Northcott Lab is seeking outstanding, highly motivated, team-oriented candidates for a Research Lab Specialist position to join our efforts dedicated to advancing understanding of the molecular and cellular basis of medulloblastoma, the most common malignant childhood brain tumor. The successful candidate will contribute to multiple exciting internal and external collaborative projects at the forefront of the field, with a primary focus aimed at elucidating the normal physiological and tumorigenic functions of recently discovered medulloblastoma oncogenes and tumor suppressors. Qualified candidates will have a strong background in molecular biology, biochemistry, and/or cell biology substantiated by publications in high-impact journals. Direct experience with protein-centric techniques, including protein expression and purification, immunoprecipitation-mass spectrometry (IP-MS/MS), Western blotting, immunoimaging, and analysis of protein-protein interactions are required for this position. In addition, competitive candidates will have expertise with molecular cloning, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, recombinant virus preparation and transduction, primary cell culture, and in vitro phenotypic assays. Excellent written and communication skills, ability to effectively collaborate with fellow trainees and scientists, and execute tasks in a timely manner are highly desired. Take the first step to join our team by applying now.Minimum Education
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate scientific field is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant post-degree work experience, with at least five (5) years at the Sr. Research Tech level, is required with a Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience, with at least (5) years at the Sr. Research Tech level, is required with a Master's degree
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience including post-doctoral and/or technical staff experience is required with a Ph.D
- BS/MS staff at the Senior Research Technologist level as of 5/12/2003 could be considered for promotion to Research Lab Specialist after five (5) years as a SJCRH Senior Research Technologist or an equivalent position in a similar research environment.
EEO StatementSt. Jude is an Equal Opportunity EmployerNo Search Firms:St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.
Keywords: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis , Research Lab Specialist (Developmental Neurobiology), Healthcare , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!