Dayshift Laboratory Supervisor
Company: IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Are you a laboratory professional with leadership experience
looking to use your skills in a whole new way? Or a veterinary
supervisor or manager looking for career growth and new
opportunities? IDEXX is experiencing phenomenal growth, and we're
looking for passionate laboratory leaders to join our teams in
multiple locations in the United States and Canada.
As a Laboratory Supervisor at IDEXX, you will be a people leader at
one of the largest veterinary diagnostic companies in the world.
You will supervise Medical Technicians and Technologists who
perform laboratory testing that helps veterinarians diagnose and
treat pets across the United States. You will join a fast-paced
work environment that encourages teamwork and quality, and offers
opportunities for personal growth. This is a full-time role with
competitive benefits and performance incentives.
This is a Monday-Friday day shift position, with hours 8:30am -
5pm; flexibility on schedule needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience Supervising employees in a
Diagnostic Laboratory environment (human or veterinary). Knowledge
of Sample Management Process, and Chemistry, Hematology, Serology,
Coagulation diagnostic testing preferred.
Does this sound like you?
- You enjoy coaching and developing people to reach business goals
and their potential
- You have knowledge of clinical or veterinary testing and
- You would enjoy the challenge of organizing staff schedules,
coordinating workflow, and overseeing costs and metrics
- You are someone who trains other employees, or has a desire and
the knowledge to do so.
- You love to problem-solve - from trouble-shooting diagnostic
analyzers to resolving situational challenges
- You love a fast-paced, high-volume innovative work
- You are excited about the opportunity to use your skills and
abilities in promoting the health and well-being of animals.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Apply Today!
While we appreciate our staffing partners, we are unable to accept
unsolicited agency resumes
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises day-to-day activities in a business
- Supervises staff, assigns work, monitors activities and evaluates
performance. Administers employment actions, provides coaching and
guidance to staff and promotes staff training and development.
Provides input to department policies and procedures.
- Leads work activities of the business
unit/group/area/function/program; plans and organizes work,
provides for adequate staffing and resources, and maintains work on
schedule so that ongoing internal and/or external customer
satisfaction is maintained. Builds customer relationships and
manages escalated/critical issues.
- Communicates with other related departments to coordinate work
and resolve issues as needed. Provides internal/external customer
feedback and leads/participates in teams/projects related to
- Leads/contributes to process/other improvements based on
evaluation of existing procedures and business needs. Utilizes
data, metrics and system tools to ensure efficiency and to maximize
customer experience. Identifies problems, obstacles and
opportunities and proactively takes action to address issues.
Strives for continuous improvement.
- Contributes to maintenance of department technology and systems
resources. Coordinates with other departments and vendors as needed
to resolve issues, and maintain ongoing functionality.
- Prepares reports and other information summarizing work
activities. Prepares various analyses as needed to highlight issues
and resolve questions.
- Maintains knowledge of Company products and services within
business unit/group/area/function/program, as well as changes and
developments in the industry affecting work activities. May
participate in outside industry groups and forums related to
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Supervisory skills and ability.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and direct work activities.
- Experience with the operations, products and services in the area
- Customer service skills, with experience working with customers
(internal and/or external) and maintaining good customer
- Reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues.
- Project management skills and abilities.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Extensive sitting, standing and computer use.
- Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or
- May be required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Fluency in the English language
- Some travel required.
- Some positions may work with exposed moving electro-mechanical
parts and may require proper protective equipment.
- General office environment.
- Normal office noise level, with occasional moderate noise.
Keywords: IDEXX Laboratories, Inc, Memphis , Dayshift Laboratory Supervisor, Healthcare , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!