Culinary Manager - Wolf River Brisket Collierville
Company: Wolf River Brisket Co.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary/Objective The Culinary Manager is the
leader for all things culinary at Wolf River Brisket - from setting
the menu standards to training BOH team members. This position acts
as a trainer and manager in the area of setting and executing
culinary standards and provides direct support for new menu roll
outs, recipe development, and other directives.Essential
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive standards to ensure that all food and products are
consistently prepared according to the restaurant's recipes,
portioning, cooking and serving standards. As part of senior
culinary leadership this position plays an active role creating
recipes, food standards, and processes.
- Direct and oversee all culinary operations, to include, but not
limited to, food quality and presentation, compliance with all
safety and sanitation standards and regulations, team member
productivity and performance, implementation of policies and
procedures, cost controls and overall profitability.
- Ensure consistency of plate presentations across the
- Update procedures to ensure we are serving the highest quality
- Document recipes to reflect proper plate presentations, or
- Create and implement new menu items based on current food
trends and costs.
- Interact with guests to monitor and assess satisfaction trends,
evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not
limited to, providing supervision and professional development,
coaching and evaluations and delivering recognition.Competencies
- Leadership and Training Skills.
- Guest Service Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.Supervisory ResponsibilityThis
position will train and coach BOH staff. Reports to Director of
Operations - Full-Service Dining.Work EnvironmentThis job operates
in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven,
stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and
chef's knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, cold,
steam, fire and noise. Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job.The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach,
lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50
pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory
and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral
instructions and procedures.Position Type/Expected Hours of
WorkThis is a full-time position with expected overtime. Days and
hours of work fluctuate.TravelLimited travel is expected for this
position.Required Education and Experience
- Three years leadership experience in a high-quality food
- Deep knowledge of kitchen sanitation and safety
- Ability to lead a team in a fast-paced environment.
- ServSafe certification or ability to obtain certification.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with corporate
leaders and staff.Preferred Education and Experience
- Certification from a culinary school a plus
Keywords: Wolf River Brisket Co., Memphis , Culinary Manager - Wolf River Brisket Collierville, Hospitality & Tourism , Germantown, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!