Front Office Manager
Company: Crowne Plaza Memphis
Posted on: September 13, 2019
REPORTS TO: General Manager SUPERVISES DIRECTLY: All front office
personnel including guest reception, concierge, reservations, PBX
and bell staffs. Purpose for the Position: To assume full
responsibility for the management of the day-to-day and long-term
hotel guest reception, reservations and telephone service
operations, while maintaining established revenue, expense and
quality standards. To work with the General Manager to ensure an
efficient operation that provides levels of service that
consistently exceeds visitor, guest and ownership expectations.
- To ensure that guests are greeted, checked in and allocated
rooms promptly and courteously.
- To ensure that check-in procedures are strictly adhered to and
that the correct address and charge out details are obtained from
- To be readily available at all times to deal with problems or
- To ensure that rooms have been serviced and maintained to the
standards established by the Company.
- To ensure maximum room occupancy within agreed overbooking
- To ensure effective liaison between reservations and front
office staff with other departments (e.g. housekeeping).
- To ensure that all charges are correctly entered on the guest's
bill and that this is up to date at all times.
- To ensure that credit control procedures are strictly adhered
to, that no bills exceed the stipulated limit without prior
approval and that written confirmation, purchase orders, or order
numbers are on file.
- To ensure that accounts are balanced daily.
- To ensure effective and speedy check-out procedures.
- To ensure that luggage is delivered to and collected from rooms
- To ensure that inquiries, messages, theatre bookings are dealt
with courteously and efficiently.
- To ensure that all Front of House staff are correctly dressed
at all times.
- To ensure that all Front of House areas are clean and orderly
at all times.
- To ensure that newspapers and parcels are delivered to rooms
- To ensure that incoming and outgoing telephone calls are
handled promptly and courteously.
- To ensure maximum security of all items left in safety deposit
- To carry out systematic checks of all Front of House areas for
maintenance requirements, repairs or refurbishing, ensuring that
these are acted on without delay.
- To ensure that the Hotel Entrance is easily accessible to cars
and taxis at all times.
- To hold regular performance appraisals with all staff,
identifying areas for development and training needs and ensuring
that this training is affected.
- To carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job training is
taking place to agreed standards.
- To hold regular meetings with all Heads of Department. To
ensure that manning levels are correct and these are not exceeded
- To ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed
in the event of a vacancy - wherever possible this should be an
- To ensure maximum security in all areas under your
- To act as Duty Manager when required.
- To attend Management Meetings as required.
- To ensure accurate and timeliness submission of all reports and
- To prepare and submit on the required format annual budgetary
information and updates as required.
- To monitor trends within the industry and make suggestions how
these could be implemented.
- To be familiar with all local Civil Defense measures.
- To ensure that staff under your control are trained in Civil
Defense measures. To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Read and interpret business records and statistical
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and
- Analyze and interpret established policies.
- Understand government regulations covering business
- Make business decisions based on production reports and similar
facts as well as on your own experience and personal opinions.
- See differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on
- Deal with the general public, customers, associates, union and
government officials with tact and courtesy.
- Plan and organize the work of others.
- Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Speak and write clearly.
- Accept full responsibility for managing an activity.
- Complete all assigned tasks, reports, projects etc. in a
professional manner and on an on-time basis.
- Be available for work evenings, weekends and holidays. Physical
Demands: Lifting 20 lbs. Maximum with frequent lifting and/or
carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Requires walking or
standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling,
talking, hearing. Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from
weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A
job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75'
or more of the time inside. Math Skills: Requires mathematical
development sufficient to be able to: Deal with system of real
numbers; algebraic solution of equations; and probability and
statistical inference. Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and
proportion. Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to
the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals,
and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using
prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation,
grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates.
Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects. Relationships to
Data, People and Things: Data: Coordinating: Determining time,
place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the
basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting
on events. People: Supervising: Determining or interpreting work
procedures for a group of workers, assigning specific duties to
them, maintaining harmonious relations among them and promoting
efficiency. A variety of responsibilities are involved in this
function. Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or
special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials.
Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to
attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects
or materials. (ref. 44526) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Crowne Plaza Memphis, Memphis , Front Office Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!