Company: Crowne Plaza Memphis
Posted on: October 13, 2019
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager Purpose for the Position: Clean and
clear the tables and restaurant areas while maintaining a high
standard of sanitation and cleanliness. Essential Responsibilities:
- Clear all tables of dishes and debris; continually remove dirty
ashtrays, glasses, empty dinner dishes and used silverware from
- Carry trays of dirty dishes to dish room and break down trays
according to the procedures.
- Maintain floor areas to ensure they are clean and dry.
- Assist with setup and breakdown of all buffet items (if
- Clean all spills and breakage immediately.
- Ensure all windows and glass surfaces are spotless.
- Clean service stations and fill ice bins.
- Assist servers with all aspects of service as requested.
- Report any damaged or worn items in the dining room to
- Perform buffet duties as needed (if applicable).
- Clean high chairs and booster seats after each use. To do this
kind of work, you must be able to:
- Previous busser experience preferred, but not required.
- Good communication and hospitality skills.
- Carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently
following a simple routine.
- Do the same task over and over, frequently in the same
- Get along with all kinds of people.
- Use hands and fingers skillfully and easily.
- Stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Lift and carry things like heavy trays and tables.
- Be available on nights, weekends, and holidays. Physical
Demands: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or
carrying of objects weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires walking or
standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling,
talking, hearing, seeing. Environmental Conditions: Inside:
Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from
temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker
spends approximately 75' or more of the time inside. Math
Skills:Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to:
Add and subtract. Language Skills: Must have developed language
skills to the point to be able to: Read instructions, rules, etc.
Relationships to Data, People and Things: Data: Comparing: Judging
the readily observable functional, structural or compositional
characteristics (whether similar to or divergent from obvious
standards) of data, people or things. People: Serving: Attending to
the needs, requests or the expressed or implicit wishes of people.
Immediate response is involved. Things: Handling: Using body
members, hand tools and/or special devices to work, move or carry
objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment
with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate
tool, object or material. Specific Vocational Preparation: Specific
vocational training includes an occupationally significant
combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant
training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less
responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other
jobs; anything beyond short demonstration up to and including 30
days. (ref. 46027) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that
considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Crowne Plaza Memphis, Memphis , Busser, Hospitality & Tourism , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!