Manager, Human Resources Job
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Posted on: March 29, 2020
Summary The Human Resources Manager manages the administration
of HR organizational policies and procedures. Provides a wide
variety of both complex and routine consultative services to
associates and leaders in assigned HR function. Maintains and
enhances the organization's Human Resources function by
recommending, planning and implementing HR policies, program, and
practices. Applies comprehensive understanding of HR laws, rules,
and regulations to complex situations. Models appropriate behavior
as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and
ValuesEducation/Experience/Licensure Education/Formal TrainingWork
ExperienceCredential/LicensureREQUIRED:Bachelor's degree in Human
Resources, Business Administration, or related field.At least 5
years' professional-level experience in human
resourcesN/APREFERRED: N/AHealthcare industry/hospital experienceHR
certification in one of the following:
- SHRM (CP or SCP)
- ASHHRA (CHHR)
- HRCI (PHR or SPHR) SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED:A minimum of seven (7)
years' progressive experience in human resources with successful
track record in employee relations and contribution to business
- Meets competencies defined in the MLH HR Competency Model.
- Broad understanding and wide application of HR technical
principles, theory, and concepts.
- Has a reputation as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy;
demonstrates a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to influence others without formal authority.
- Exhibits passion for innovative HR solutions and a desire to
- Excellent organizational and consultative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills to effectively
communicate and interact with associates and all levels of
- Proficient with software programs including Word, Excel, and
- Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult or more complex
- Applies disciplined thinking that is clear, rational,
open-minded, and informed by evidence.
- Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments. Key
- Provides guidance and advises leaders and associates on HR
related issues. Interprets and explains standard operating
procedures and policies.
- Proposes new approaches, methods, or procedures to accomplish
specific goals or reach outcomes.
- Leads staff in developing and implementing HR plans and
standards of practice to ensure achievement of strategic goals and
- Leads and/or supports processes and initiatives to plan and
manage implementation of change. Assesses readiness for change and
- Establishes, builds, and sustains alliances and credibility to
influence and support business unit strategies.
- Persuades others to take action; communicates necessary actions
and serves as a role model.
- Understands and effectively manages a diverse multi-cultural
and ethnic workforce. Influential in outreach efforts for racial
and ethnic minorities.
- Critical Evaluation: Identifies the central issue in complex
situations through fact finding, analysis, and skillfull probing.
Analyzes potential solutions to develop and support alternative
solutions and recommend a course of action.
- Researches best practices/benchmarking; summarizes and
disseminates the information and determines application to
- Prepares reports, analyes and other written communication
setting forth progress, adverse trends, recommendations or
conclusions. Develops and makes presentations to management.
- Provides associate relations and compliance investigations;
handles inquiries from associates and managers.
- Keeps senior management informed of associate relations issues,
developments, and events to ensure appropriate resources are
included in resolution, and to ensure risks are fully assessed and
- Coaches and advises leaders on performance counseling and
discipline procedures; consults on corrective actions,
terminations, or other employment actions.
- Consults with leaders on change management, learning and
organizational development, performance management tools and
processes, and advises on performance improvement and development
- Leads HR initiatives and/or team projects, both facility and
system-wide, and follows through to completion.
- Develops, leads, coordinates and facilitates events such as
recognition events, service awards, community events, activity
- Leads culture initiatives through training and effective
demonstration of the Power of One concepts. Coaches others to
reinforce the MLH culture within the facility/unit and partners to
drive an engaged workforce.
- Proactively assesses organizational performance to recommend
and drive action through a consultative "influence without
- Stays well-informed ofdevelopments and trends in HR, including
legislative and regulatory implications for HR. Applies regulatory
and compliance knowledge to protect the organization.
- Maintains and develops a competent, productive, and quality
conscious workforce by hiring, evaluating performance, counseling,
training, and recommending personnel actions according to the MLH
value system. Serves as a mentor to promote professional practice
among members of the HR team. Physical Requirements
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing,
pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling,
stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work -
exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs.
of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to
perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and
figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this
position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed
under conditions such as those found in general office or
administrative work. Nearest Major Market: Memphis Job Segment: HR,
Law, HR Manager, Manager, Compliance, Human Resources, Legal,
Keywords: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis , Manager, Human Resources Job, Human Resources , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!