General Labor starting $14.09/hr
Posted on: October 18, 2020
- McKesson is seeking dynamic and engaging individuals to fill
our Material Handler roles in our distribution center located in
Memphis, TN. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career
as a Material Handler! If you are passionate about inspiring,
motivating, and assisting our team, this opportunity could further
enhance our journey and we want to hear from you. Day to day we
will be servicing our customers in receiving the medical supplies
need to improve their quality of life. From day one, you will be
able to create a positive culture for the entire DC, that
reinforces our McKesson values. If we piqued your interest in
learning more about McKesson, we encourage you to apply. Position
The Material Handler job may involve:
- Performing the physical tasks involved in the shipping,
receiving, storing, and distributing medical products
- Pulls and fills orders.
- Working with RF Scanning equipment to maintain records of
merchandise shipped, as well as examine, stock, and distribute
materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Preparing goods for final shipment.
- Will use power equipment including, but not limited to
forklift, hand tools, and other devices operated in a warehouse
environment while maintaining the highest level of productivity and
- Standing and engaging in repetitive movement throughout the
- Extensive walking and mandatory overtime as needed is
- Passion around working for a leading healthcare distribution
company focused on distributing pharmaceuticals to more than 40,000
customers ranging from retail chains, independent retail
pharmacies, hospitals, health systems, and other healthcare
- If you like the sound of these job tasks and perks, then
starting your career as a Material Handler is right for you!
- Keep Your Edge - Stay mentally sharp throughout your shift
picking, checking, or packing orders as you strategically get the
- Stay Fit -Get your workout in as you bend, twist, lift up to
50lbs, and walk extensive miles per shift.
- Take advantage of possible on the job training to operate power
equipment and get certified!
- Our Distribution Centers is climate controlled and utilizes
state of the art systems & equipment.
- Stay comfortable while working in a fast-paced team-oriented
- 0-1+ year experience.
- Prefer experience working with Warehouse Equipment (Power
Industrial Equipment, Forklift, Cherry Picker, Pallet Jack, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Material Handling issues.
- Work experience in a fast-paced, distribution or warehouse
environment or stock room strongly preferred; picking/packing,
sorting, loading/unloading, scanning, quality inspection or various
other warehouse functions.
- The ability to work the hours listed above, in addition to
overtime. * Overtime in most Distribution Centers is mandatory and
typically occurs M-W due to our real-time commitments to our
- Strong reading, addition and subtraction skills needed to
manage order specific documentation. Education:
- HS Diploma or Equivalent. Requirements:
- Ability to lift 20 to 50lbs repetitively throughout the course
of a shift without assistance (weight varies based on
- Must be able to bend, sit, stand, twist, stoop for long periods
- Able to walk up to 10 miles throughout the course of a shift
(steps vary per shift).
- Working with RF scanning equipment.
- Must be willing to work in a refrigerated environment McKesson
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration
for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the
role, you will be required to successfully complete a background
check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before
starting work. McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers
including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation to assist with your job search or application for
employment, please contact us at . Current employees must apply
through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!
Keywords: McKesson, Memphis , General Labor starting $14.09/hr, Human Resources , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!