Vascular Access Nurse -- (2) 12 hrs shifts 11a-11p and (2) 8 hr shifts
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Responsible for the nursing care of patients requiring substantial specialized judgment and skill in the area of vascular access devices. This judgment and skill is based on knowledge of the natural, behavioral, and nursing sciences and humanities as well as established standards of care related to CVAD devices, assessments, dressing changes, and care. May be assigned to provide nursing care in other departments/ units. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Bachelor s degree or higher in Nursing from an accredited program.
Two years clinical nursing practice in a hospital environment.
R.N. with current license to practice as a professional nurse in the state where work is performed, or compact license.
Effective June 1, 2018: All new hires and transfers are required to have BLS certification.
Specialty certification is preferred (i.e. Vascular Access / Intravenous Nurses Society).
Be currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program to complete a BSN or MSN within 3 years of hire date (written agreement required) or Sign a written agreement to enroll in an accredited nursing program to complete a BSN or MSN within 3 years of hire date.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts, and techniques, which are central to the professional discipline in Nursing.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess complex patient conditions effectively and to develop comprehensive plans of care.Synthesizes multiple sources of information to assist in the resolution of human responses to complex problems.Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides specialized knowledge, assessment, and skills in clinical setting in regards to obtaining vascular access, maintaining vascular access, and troubleshooting vascular access devices.
- Performs p
- Identifies learning needs of patient, family members and associates.
- Promotes professional practice among all members of the interdisciplinary care team.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.Physical Requirements
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
- Ability to handle and administer narcotics as needed.
- Ability to read and write to communicate orally and in writing with other individuals.
- May be required to provide on-call coverage.Associated topics: lead, licensed, licensed practical, licensed practical nurse, licensed vocational nurse, lvn, med surg, mtp, nurse ii, practical
Keywords: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis , Vascular Access Nurse -- (2) 12 hrs shifts 11a-11p and (2) 8 hr shifts, Human Resources , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!