Market Operations Support Trainer
Company: Apria Healthcare
Posted on: March 18, 2019
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Market Operations Support Trainer is responsible for developing and enhancing the skills of branch operation employees and operations leadership in his/her market. Specifically, this position will help positively influence their market's Capex spend/equipment write-offs, physical inventory and cycle count responsibilities, appropriate work order transactions and timeliness as well as driver efficiency, safety, and regulatory (DOT, FDA, JCHAO, OSHA) policy and procedure compliance by educating field leaders and branch employees. This role will assess the skills and knowledge of new and incumbent operation employees and provide additional coaching and training to address gaps. The Market Operations Support Trainer is responsible for the delivery of operations employee training, both new hire and ongoing development programs. Training may need to be modified to meet the unique needs of the individual and/or branch. Viewed as a leader and trusted advisor within the market, this role will assist with training for operations leadership, and will provide input on field operations training curriculum and material for use nationally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trains leadership, new, and tenured operations employees on operational policy, procedure and process, as well as how to use tools and resources.
- Oversees the execution of training programs focused on technical areas, operational workflows, technological/systematic and policies and initiatives.
- Ensures operations staff has the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed by delivering training in small groups, large groups, or one-on-one, in either a virtual (web/phone) or in-person setting.
- Validates training is conducted effectively and in accordance with policies as applicable.
- Supports audit and compliance programs by assessing the technical, operational and financial aspects of branch operations. Certifies that cycle count and physical inventory activities are performed thoroughly and accurately. Works with local management to identify gaps and define corrective actions.
- Strengthens compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Documents and maintains audit results and tracks ongoing compliance; communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discusses findings with auditees and market leadership.
- Partners with the Corporate Field Training Team on the use of any curriculum, documents and training programs, and provides feedback for improvement.
- Works one-on-one with operations employees to assess their skills and knowledge, which may include conducting ride along or in-vehicle assessment activities to observe performance. Provides coaching and/or models desired behaviors to enhance employee's understanding of policy and procedures.
- Provides regular feedback to local management on employees' performance and recommends strategies to reinforce their employees' skills and knowledge of process, policy and procedures.
- Tailors training to address the unique challenges and/or opportunities within the market or local branch.
- Serves as market subject matter expert on operations initiatives and programs.
- Works closely with Corporate Supply Chain, Logistics, Compliance to effectively deploy changes to process, policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the coordination of loss prevention activities with other departments and outside vendors, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a four-year degree is required.
- Experience within the Apria operations/branch team is required.
- At least five years related industry experience in operations or training is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong business acumen to successfully work with all levels, including executive management.
- Strong field credibility based on successful track record, a winning attitude, and detailed policy and process knowledge.
- Detailed knowledge of FDA, DOT, JCAHO and OSHA regulatory requirements.
- Exceptional administrative and time management skills.
- Experience and interest in coaching others.
- Strong verbal and written communication are essential.
- Strong working knowledge of all Apria logistics policy, procedure and processes.
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- Proven technical, functional and process skills in critical business systems such as Apria's routing software, inventory management software, and order processing system
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic Math Skills
- Employee must reside and be able to travel within the geography of his/her market's territory.
- Extensive travel within his/her market, over 50%, is required.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise.
Occasional travel as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual's position.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet.
Keywords: Apria Healthcare, Memphis , Market Operations Support Trainer, Human Resources , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!