Company: vTech Solution
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Essential Job Functions
- Primary responsibilities will be to maintain the various
servers, tune performance, and manage day To day processes within
various SQL environments, and support key projects with little or
no direction from leadership and potentially significant
collaboration with peers.
- Work with support teams on both internal & external developed
applications to insure data and process integrity
- Install, monitor, and support SQL server instances including
SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS components
- Install, monitor, and support various High Availability and
Disaster Recovery solutions
- Install, monitor, and support various Azure solutions
including: Data Factory, Data Lake, SQL
- Managed Instance, SQL DB, Analysis Services
- Create new databases and overwrite test databases with copies
of production databases while maintaining proper security
- Manage SQL Server authentication using both SQL logins & AD
groups; enforce principle of least privilege while providing
necessary data access
- Backup/recover/rollback production, test, and development
- Work with both virtualized and physical installations of
- Troubleshoot application database connectivity, SQL server
issues, query performance, SQL HA/DR (Always On) and other issues
in production, QC, and development environments.
- Coordinate/implement production fixes, or advise the
application owner/developer, as appropriate.
- Monitor & manage data storage capacity of production and
pre-production SQL Servers to support database growth and
coordinate drive expansions with operation & user teams
- Write T-SQL code and stored procedures to monitor, automate and
support DBA tasks
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Completes tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data
security, privacy, and integrity.
- Build and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field plus 3
years in database administration, information technology, database
architecture, or a related field, totaling education/experience of
- 5+ years of Microsoft SQL Server database administration
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a
- Experience managing a SaaS environment with a managed services
vendor partnership a plus.
- SQL Azure experience would be preferred Knowledge, Skills, and
- Advanced or expert knowledge in these skills:
Clustering/mirroring/Always-On experience, index optimization, SQL
Server 2012/2016/2017, backups, storage, archiving, performance
analytics and SQL DMVs, schema analysis and documentation, query
tuning, SQL, and experience tuning SQL Server.
- Experience with both virtual and physical servers.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop solutions working
with business or IT.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter in proactively
looking for opportunities to create an
- environment that is highly stable and performant.
- Experience designing advanced SQL queries, SSIS, SSRS, stored
procedures, triggers, scripts, cursors
- Experience with Windows server, including Active
- Experience upgrade SQL Server databases.
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational
- Analyze performance issues of databases. Assist developers with
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
Keywords: vTech Solution, Memphis , SQL DBA, IT / Software / Systems , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...