Unix System Administrator
Company: Electronic Consulting Services
Posted on: June 14, 2019
ECS is seeking a Unix System Administrator to work in our Memphis,
ECS Federal is looking for a Unix Administrator who collaborates
with, advises, and supports technical personnel on the
conceptualization, development and implementation of a broad range
of information systems issues, including hardware/software
integration. Creates strategies for improvement of information
systems and services. Designs and develops proposed solutions to
business problems and client requirements. Performs high-level
system analysis and directs technical strategy for accomplishing
new objectives. Prepares justification for selection of new
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long-
term opportunity, growth, flexible work environment with
competitive salary and great benefits. If you are self-motivated,
work with a team and individually, and can bring innovative
solutions and ideas, then this is a great opportunity for you!
* Supports development teams and business analysts by deploying
packaged code according to corporate policy.
* Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems,
including coordination with other support groups and customers
* Evaluates new technology and solutions, makes hardware and
software recommendations, and leads implementations
* Supports standards and best practices for allocation and use of
* Other duties include setting up accounts, maintaining system
documentation, tuning system performance, installing system-wide
software, and managing disk storage solutions, and 24 x 7 on-call
* U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder and must be able to obtain
Public Trust clearance.
* Must be willing to work afternoon/evening shift
* 5 years Information Systems experience, including experience in
the support of end users who perform development, testing,
implementation tasks and support of large scale computer
* 2 years UNIX/Linux systems administrator experience, supporting
medium to large development, test, and production environments
* Competent in UNIX, specifically SuSE, Red Hat and CentOS.
* Working knowledge and experience with the Linux OS, kernel,
patching, and software management
* Working knowledge of volume managers and file systems.
* Working knowledge of networking services such as: NFS, DNS, DHCP,
LDAP, NTP, Samba, iptables, NSCD, etc.
* Experience developing and implementing automated or streamlined
* Familiar with network switching, firewall and load balancing
* Competent in Oracle Cluster Ready Services (CRS)
* Experience scripting in bash, ksh, awk, Perl, Python, etc.
* Experience with standard "data center" infrastructure services
and management practices
* Experience with SAN, NAS, HA, and virtualization solutions
* Experience with Novell s SUSE Linux (SLES), Red Hat Linux,
CentOS, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, and Veritas
* Experience administering Oracle AMS/RAC infrastructure.
* Familiarity with ServiceNow a plus.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or
allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender,
age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or
any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled
persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the
United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values
and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing
their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and
Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the
Keywords: Electronic Consulting Services, Memphis , Unix System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!