Sr. Attorney I
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job Description Summary:
* To provide legal counsel and advice to the corporation and its
subsidiaries to ensure their effective operation in accordance with
federal, state, local and/or international laws.
Job Specific Information:
* Primary responsibilities include providing legal support on a
broad range of securities, corporate governance matters, and
corporate law matters, with primary focus on Securities Exchange
Act of 1934 reporting, corporate governance, and stock exchange
listing standard compliance.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
* At least three (3) years of broad securities and corporate law
practice, with a strong background in Securities Exchange Act of
1934 reporting, corporate governance, and stock exchange listing
* Experience in corporate finance and corporate compliance
* Law firm or corporate legal department experience.
* Strong research and analytical skills.
* Ability to understand and resolve complex legal issues and
respond quickly to clients and third parties.
* Strong written and oral communications skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong
initiative; ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet
* Juris Doctorate Degree from an A.B.A accredited law school and
admission to the bar.
* At least six (6) years of experience and demonstrated competence
as a practicing attorney in relevant area of law.
* Superior academic record. Ability to determine appropriateness of
settlement or litigation.
* Excellent research and writing skills.
* Strong negotiation, human relations and communications
Skills/Knowledge/Experience Considered a Plus:
* Experience in ESG reporting and reporting standards.
* This position is located in Memphis, Tennessee. Ability to work
remotely from one of the approved domicile locations may be
available based upon business needs.
* Relocation may be available based upon business needs.
FedEx. Where now meets next.
Our vision is to be the earth's most engaged advocates of connected
commerce where open borders, new markets and fair, sustainable
practices are the norm for the billions of personal supply chains
being managed every day in our always on, mobile-first world. We
stand for ease, access and opportunity. We lead purposeful
innovation, champion entrepreneurs, advocate free trade and empower
humans and their place in the era of autonomy and AI. We fight for
our customers, a more sustainable planet and an ethical playing
FedEx inspires its more than 570,000 team members to remain focused
on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the
needs of their customers and communities. FedEx is committed to
connecting people and possibilities around the world responsibly
and resourcefully, with a goal to achieve carbon-neutral operations
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business
success and for being a great employer:
* Fortune "World's Most Admired Companies" - 2021
* Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2021
* LinkedIn "Top 100 Companies" - 2021
* TIME "100 Most Influential Companies" - 2021
* World HRD Congress "Best Gender Equality Workplace" - 2021
* InsiderPro ComputerWorld "Best Places to Work for IT" - 2021
FedEx Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics
disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Corporation does not discriminate against qualified
individuals with disabilities in regard to job application
procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Further, FedEx Corporation is prepared to make reasonable
accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an
otherwise qualified applicant or employee to enable the applicant
or employee to be considered for the desired position, to perform
the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy
equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other
similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the
accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If a reasonable
accommodation is needed, please contact
Keywords: FedEx, Memphis , Sr. Attorney I, Legal , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!