Company: GuideOne Insurance
Posted on: February 15, 2019
GuideOne Insurance was founded upon a commitment to social responsibility. GuideOne is different from other, more traditional insurance companies. We exist to serve the needs of religious organizations, educational institutions, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations that are dedicated to making the world a better place. We are growing and would like to add a skilled Litigation Counsel to our team. This individual will defend cases in the state of Tennessee, potentially obtain a law license to defend cases in Mississippi or Alabama, and also manage outside counsel in Kentucky. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly organized, focused, detail-oriented, and willing to travel for single-day trips and occasionally overnight. The position requires technical proficiency and experience defending bodily injury, personal injury, first-party property damage, wrongful death, insurance coverage, and extra-contractual litigation. Our legal department guides and protects the company-and serves our members-by making informed business and legal decisions based on current data and relevant information. The legal department must be vigilant and dedicated to serving our goals and adhering to our brand values. Litigation Counsel Responsibilities:
- This position will support cities throughout Tennessee and frequent travel, with occasional overnight stays, should be expected.
- The primary function of GuideOne Litigation Counsel is to handle all assigned litigation and other legal matters for GuideOne and its policyholders.
- Litigation work includes but is not limited to case analysis, preparation of motions, pleadings, discovery, conducting depositions, hearings, trials, and communicating with the claims department.
- The candidate must be able to competently present a controversy from inception through trial while maintaining the independent professional judgment required of a lawyer.
- The position involves a busy, fast-paced, full practice with a mix of commercial property, coverage, and personal injury (including catastrophic injury and wrongful death) cases representing individuals as well as corporate and nonprofit entities.
- A physical office will be provided to the successful candidate in a convenient location.
- $95,000 to $110,000 salary range, commensurate with experience. The Litigation Counsel must possess the requisite experience, skill, and judgment required to represent the interests of GuideOne and its policyholders with little or no direct supervision. The individual will demonstrate expertise with a variety of legal concepts, practices, and procedures while relying upon his or her experience and judgment to plan and accomplish job responsibilities and goals. A wide degree of creativity and focus is expected. Requirements:
- Licensed or eligible to practice law in Tennessee.
- Eligibility and desire to obtain a law license in Mississippi or Alabama.
- Graduate from an accredited law school.
- Five or more years of insurance defense litigation experience required.
- Trial experience preferred.
- Admitted to or eligible for admission to federal court.
- Able to timely handle full-time, high volume case load with little to no direct supervision.
- Frequent travel required, with some overnight stays.
- Prior in-house experience a plus. About GuideOne: GuideOne was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets. At GuideOne, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing commercial lines insurance and financial services to:
- Churches and Houses of Worship
- Small Businesses
- Schools and Higher Education Institutions
- Non-Profit Organizations Rich Benefits Package:
- 401K includes up to 3% match and 4% discretionary contribution for a total of up to 7% at 100%
- Generous time off program including vacation, volunteer time off, and holiday pay
- Flexible work schedules
- A dress-for-your-day environment
- Wellness incentives
- Free Basic Life & AD&D
- Free short-term and long-term disability
- Educational assistance program
- Three different medical plan options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision
- Company-sponsored community volunteer opportunities This Company Participates in E-Verify Background Check Required EOE
Keywords: GuideOne Insurance, Memphis , Litigation Counsel, Legal , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!