Job Title: Executive Director
Hours: Full time, salaried, exempt position
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Overview of Organization:
The Urban Youth Initiative (UYI) seeks to equip, empower, and
support dedicated youth ministers/leaders and the local
church/Christian community to effectively reach unchurched urban
young people with the hope and love of Jesus Christ, support their
academic and social development and nurture them into purposeful
The Urban Youth Initiative has strategically partnered with
churches and non-profit organizations since 1993 to train over 180
urban youth ministers/leaders. Workshops and courses are offered in
the areas of biblical studies, practical youth ministry, non-profit
management, and leadership development. UYI also provides
additional training in partnership with other local and national
organizations to provide supplemental and advanced learning
Overview of Position:
Leadership and administrative responsibility for achieving UYI’s
mission and vision, and assuring UYI’s efficient and effective
operation through fulfilling the following objectives:
1. Provide visionary leadership, direction, and communication to
achieve UYI’s vision and maximize UYI’s performance and impact with
respect to its mission.
2. Build UYI’s organizational capacity through administration of
UYI programs and the development and supervision of staff.
3. Ensure short-term and long-term financial sustainability.
4. Foster and strengthen adaptive and collaborative
relationships with partners throughout the city.
1. Oversee management of several key programs, including the
youth worker support program, alumni support program, and urban
youth ministry institute.
2. Develop a comprehensive funding strategy to secure long-term
private and public funding from multiple sources to support the
core programs of UYI as well as to fund new initiatives.
4. Develop and implement an evaluation plan to assess and
measure the effectiveness of UYI’s programs.
5. Establish and strengthen partnerships with other
organizations in the city that seek to improve the lives of urban
The Executive Director is accountable to the UYI Board of
1. Regularly communicates with and reports to the Board of
2. Manages and supervises staff.
3. Serves as the primary spokesperson for UYI.
1. Master’s degree in Religion/Divinity or Education or in a
related discipline, plus seven years of management or
administrative experience in youth development. Or, BA in Religion
or Education or in a related discipline, plus 10 years of
management or administrative experience in youth development.
Experience in youth ministry and program evaluation also
2. Proven record of securing funding from multiple sources.
3. Ability to work with faith communities, community leaders,
parents, teachers, business/university leaders, and public
officials in order to achieve common goals.
4. Superior oral and written communication skills.
Required Submissions (to be sent by deadline by Executive
1. Personal Resume
2. Three (3) References (ask that letters of reference be sent
3. Personal statement of faith and how it impacts your vision
for youth development.
Please send materials by mail or electronically to:
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.