Custodian II (Nights 5:00PM-1:45AM)
Company: The University of Mississippi
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Note for Current UM
This position coordinates and participates in the care, cleaning
and general housekeeping of a building, residence area, or section
of a large building of the University. Provides technical guidance
to subordinate personnel and prepares work assignments of same.
Monday - Friday, Night shift 5:00PM - 1:45AM
Shift differential eligible
Examples of Work
- Coordinates and participates in the care, cleaning, and general
housekeeping of an assigned University building or facility to
include maintenance of housekeeping duties and requisition and
issue of required cleaning supplies.
- Conducts daily inspections of assigned areas to ensure
- Discusses general housekeeping procedures with personnel of the
assigned area; implements changes in procedures.
- Reports any mechanical, structural or electrical condition in
need of repair or replacement.
- Participates in all housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- Makes work assignments in accordance with predetermined
schedules; reviews the work of lower rated employees; assists in
the training of new personnel.
- Advises supervisor regarding specific personnel actions as
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring department.
- Coordinates and participates in the cleaning, servicing and
stocking of supplies in University buildings.
- Inspects assigned areas to ensure completion of work.
- Coordinates work assignments and assists in training new
Ability to read, write, and understand basic instructions.
Two (2) years of experience related to the above described
A valid drivers license may be required depending on the
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal
opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or
education activity to all qualified persons. The University
complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and
affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color,
gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or genetic
The University of Mississippi is committed to
providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background
investigations for applicants being considered for employment.
Background investigations include a criminal history record check,
and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving
Keywords: The University of Mississippi, Memphis , Custodian II (Nights 5:00PM-1:45AM), Other , Oxford, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!