Student Ministries Coordinator
Company: First United Methodist Church
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Bluff City Church (UMC Church Plant)
Bluff City Church is a community of people striving to live in
holy love for God, holy love for neighbor, and holy love for self.
We believe holy love is the most powerful, captivating force in the
world, the means by which God transforms the world from chaos to
beauty. We are an intentionally intergenerational congregation, who
promotes inclusion, diversity, belonging, and equity of all in our
The focus of the Student Ministries Coordinator is to support
the spiritual formation of BCC Youth from 6th grade through
college. The role will educate and equip BCC Youth to participate
in sacred conversations, and their integration and active
participation as members of the BCC congregation.
The role is part-time, expecting to work up to a maximum of 30
hours per week.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with BCC Leadership Team to activate the
Student Ministries vision, engage youth, and ensure relevant
activities are developed, scheduled, and delivered.
- Developing, curating, and evaluating appropriate curriculum to
meet the development objectives as determined by the BCC Dream
Team. Ideally, creating content that may become a resource to other
church youth organizations.
- Recruiting, training, coordinating, and deploying volunteer
resources to support a wide range of youth activities.
- Ensuring critical youth programs such as Confirmation are
planned and delivered.
- Educating and involving youth in appropriate social justice
- Involving church youth in the volunteer and service needs of
- Communicating with BCC Dream Team, youth, parents, and the
congregation regularly to build excitement about BCC Student
Ministries, engage youth, parents, and volunteers, and keep
congregation appraised of all events.
- Creating an emotionally and spiritually psychologically safe
environment for BCC youth.
- Interacting effectively with BCC youth, while listening and
responding with empathy, maintaining and enhancing self-esteem, and
asking for help and encouraging involvement.
Preferred knowledge, experience, and qualifications include:
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Networking ability, building strong working relationships, and
- Inclusive leadership skills where there is an understanding of
unconscious bias, ability to cultivate new relationships, and the
courage to challenge status quo in order to ensure all are valued,
heard, and included.
- Theological capability. Possessing the openness and learning
agility, moral witness, and correct theological understanding of
- Experience and knowledge of how youth in the target age group
learn, grow, and develop spiritually.
- Planning and organization skills, including verbal and digital
communications, coordinating and scheduling, and executing and
delivering upon commitments.
- Related college degree is preferred, yet relevant experience
(including internships) can be considered in lieu of degree.
Organization: Bluff City Church (UMC Church Plant)
Contact: Greg Smith
Closing Date: 05/28/2021
Keywords: First United Methodist Church, Memphis , Student Ministries Coordinator, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!