HR Generalist - Memphis
Company: Volunteers of America - Mid-States
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The HR Generalist is responsible for playing a key role in the
success of the organization by offering guidance on HR compliance,
reporting and analytics, and HR best practices while facilitating a
positive relationship between staff and Sr. Management. The HR
Generalist conducts HR inquiries, consultations and transactions on
topics such as onboarding and orientation support, employee
relations issues, complaints and policy interpretation, and end
employment support. The HR Generalist performs a wide variety of
both complex and routine compliance services for Human
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Business or
equivalent experience and five years experience in Human Resources
including strong organizational interpersonal and communication
skills. SHRM-CP, HRCI-PHR or HR Generalist Certification preferred.
Must have experience with onboarding, employee relations, HR
analytics, policy interpretation and working with HRIS systems.
Ability to communicate clearly to a diverse workforce is
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES :
- Communicate with supervisory employees advising them of
performance appraisals guidelines: monitor and follow-up the
performance appraisals to ensure timelines are met.
- Completes reference checks for new hires as needed.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Tracks status of candidates in HRIS system
- Assists new employees in completing new hire paperwork and
onboarding in ADP.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in providing Human
- Manages workload through effective time management. Sets
expectations around deliverables.
- Coordinates Director of Programs to answer questions d provides
- Supports the HR Department in implementing programs to help
improve the employee experience.
- Assist the Chief People Officer in identifying and implementing
process improvements with strategic impact to increase team
- Collaborates with Commitment Committee to create a strategic
vision for Employee Engagement activities to enhance retention and
work satisfaction for Memphis staff.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts
thorough and objective investigations.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Assists the Chief People Officer in the development and
implementation of Human Resources programs and projects.
- Performs HR audits to ensure that human resource files and
records in Memphis are maintained in accordance with legal
requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains HRIS systems and ensures data accuracy at all times
and audits consistently.
- Create reports as requested by Chief People Officer or
- Expert and provider to employees on use of HRIS systems.
ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
The Human Resources Generalist must integrate the following
leadership competencies into their job performance:
- Communication-Connects with peers, subordinates and customers;
actively listens; clearly and effectively shares information;
demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills; seeks
input from others; adapts communication to diverse audiences.
- Teamwork-Cooperates and collaborates with colleagues as
appropriate; works in partnership with others; cultivates, builds
and maintains good relationships with peers, subordinates and
customers; delivers on commitments to team/organization
- Problem solving/decision making- Anticipates and identifies
problems; involves others in seeking solutions; conducts
appropriate research; searches for best solutions, proactively
looks for potential issues and resolves them before they can impact
the organization. Makes clear, consistent, decisions;
- Customer Service-Values the importance of delivering high
quality service to internal and external clients; understands the
client's need and responds promptly; follows through on customer
commitments in a timely manner.
- HR Expertise- General knowledge of HR policies and practices
and compliance requirements,
- organizational results - Able and willing to work well in a
diverse environment and support for VOA's mission and core
- Leadership- develops trust and credibility; demonstrates
positive, honest and ethical behavior and lives organizational
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- High initiative, integrity, strong work ethic, and analytical
skills with the Ability to maintain a high level of
- Excellent time management, organizational skills with the
ability to work in a fast paced environment with consistent and
thorough completion of all job duties.
- Assists in developing a high-performance culture, ensures an
- Provides. high quality, clear and courteous customer service to
internal and external customers
- Responds to inquiries about HR matters and processes, and
refers to relevant VOS policies and information resources as
- Assists Human Resources in keeping the agency in compliance
with all relevant legislative, EEO, AAP, ADA, FML and COA-related
- Ability to effectively communicate in all internal and external
relationships for all essential job functions.
- Above average skills in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to lift approximately (25 - 40) pounds unassisted using
appropriate lifting techniques and/or devices.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long
periods of time, as well as stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch.
Keywords: Volunteers of America - Mid-States, Memphis , HR Generalist - Memphis, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!