Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Vanguard Healthcare Services
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The primary purpose of the Human Resources Coordinator position
is to administer and perform human resource and payroll functions
in the facility.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as local subject matter expert on timekeeping and payroll
system. Train supervisors on use of system.
- Implement the day-to-day policies and procedures governing the
- Monitor and ensure timely and correct time adjustments, and
make sure timecards accurately reflect hours worked or not
- Maintain payroll files as needed.
- Ensure that checks are received and distributed to all
employees on a timely basis.
- Answer payroll questions from employees and managers.
- Maintain adequate payroll records that reflect the operating
cost of the facility (LHPPD).
- Prepare payroll reports as needed.
- Enter new employees into the time clock.
- Assist employees in obtaining information through Employee Self
Service concerning their payroll records, checks, deductions,
overtime, etc. as necessary.
- Prepare employee status changes as necessary.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all payroll
- Immediately route all garnishments, bankruptcies, tax levies,
etc. to payroll for processing.
Human Resource Functions
- Act as local subject matter expert on Virtual Edge applicant
- Assist department managers and administrator with managing
staffing needs through ATS.
- Review candidate information for qualifications and contact
applicants to schedule interviews.
- Coordinate new hire onboarding process and secure all
- Initiate background check to include: criminal background
search, OIG/GSA excluded party lists, abuse registry, licensure
verification, reference checks. Monitor progress, and initiate
adverse hiring action process if necessary.
- Arrange pre-employment drug screen, monitor status of positive
- Maintain all personnel files in a secure, clean and organized
- Ensure that all terminated personnel files are removed from the
active employment records and stored in a secure, clean and
organized manner either on or off-site.
- Coordinate employee benefits and maintain appropriate
documentation in the personnel file.
- Serve as the Workers' Compensation Coordinator for the
facility: assist Nurse Educator with educating all employees about
workplace safety, receive all reports of workplace injury/illness
claims, report claims to the WC carrier, act as liaison with
facility, WC carrier and injured worker, coordinate transitional
duty, keep Administrator updated on all work related injuries and
- Maintain complete and accurate OSHA logs of workplace injuries.
Complete and post annual OSHA log summary according to federal
- Coordinate annual performance reviews by notifying department
heads and supervisors when reviews are due; distribute paperwork;
retrieve completed reviews; prepare documentation for any
compensation adjustments in payroll system.
- Maintain attendance records, records of performance correction
and other disciplinary actions and termination records.
- Monitor unemployment claims and assist with appeals as
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all payroll and employee
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with current applicable
federal and state employment regulations regarding wages, overtime,
work hours, workers'/unemployment compensation, etc.
- Orient new employees to facility personnel policies, payroll
procedures, benefits, safety policies and other human resource
procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Distribute employee handbooks, retrieve and file handbook
acknowledgement in personnel file.
- Ensure that all employees sign the Code of Business Conduct at
the time of orientation and on an annual basis; maintain a current
copy of the signed Code of Business Conduct in each employee's
- Participate in the Manager on Duty rotation per the direction
of the administrator. This requires that the employee take a shift
one weekend as the Manager on Duty, not more than once a
- Complete resident rounds as a department head to help insure
quality care of residents and to promote team responsibility for
Professional Development Functions
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, in-services,
etc. to keep abreast of current changes in the long-term care
field, as well as to maintain a professional status.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest,
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Attend and participate in annual OSHA, and CDC in-service
training programs for hazard communication, TB management, and
blood borne pathogens standards.
Safety and Sanitation Functions
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire
protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
- Follow established ergonomics policies and procedures governing
lifting techniques, repetitive tasks, and the use of safety
equipment and supplies to prevent work-related injuries and
Equipment and Supply Functions
- Ensure that an adequate supply of applications, drug testing
kits, and new hire documents, etc., are on hand to meet the
day-to-day operational needs of the payroll and human resource
- Report equipment and office supply needs to the
- Request repairs for office equipment as necessary.
Resident Rights Responsibilities
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all resident
- Knock before entering a resident's room.
- Ensure that the resident's rights to fair and equitable
treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights, including the right to voice complaints, are well
established and maintained at all times.
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
- Moves intermittently during work hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset, personnel,
residents and visitors.
- Communicates with the administrative staff, nursing personnel
and other department supervisors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and in other positions
temporarily, when necessary. Works on weekends and holidays when
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions.
- Attends and participates in continuing education programs.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc. including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors,
etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust,
plastics, synthetics, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
- Maintains a liaison with associates and facility administration
as it relates to payroll and human resource functions.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- A college degree or vocational school training preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in human resource
and/or payroll administration.
- Experience in a health care setting desirable.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Must display professionalism both in appearance and
- Must possess the ability to solve problems and make independent
decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agency personnel
and the general public.
- Must possess the ability and the willingness to work
harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must possess a functional knowledge of computers including
Microsoft Word and Excel applications, and general data entry.
- Must be able to plan, organize, develop, implement and
interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures
that are necessary for sound payroll and human resource
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral
- Must have patience, tact, a positive disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult
- Must possess the ability to examine and verify time clock and
payroll documents and reports.
- Must be organized and able to prepare payroll and human
resource records in a systematic, neat and legible manner.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion,
veteran's status, national origin, disability, marital status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Vanguard Healthcare Services, Memphis , Human Resources Coordinator, Other , Ashland, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!