2021-2022 Bilingual Teacher Assistant
Company: Gestalt Community Schools
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Gestalt Community Schools is seeking teacher assistants for the
2021-2022 school year. Teacher assistants will be assigned to
elementary, middle, or high school levels.
- Assists Teachers with various assignments, including copying,
observation, checking attendance, and other administrative
- Coordinates program activities (e.g., games, art, music,
homework, etc.) to address children's individual and/or group
- Evaluates situations (e.g., disciplinary problems, hazardous
conditions, etc.) to take appropriate action and/or direct to
appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Interacts with scholars in various activities (e.g., snack
time, homework, etc.) to provide a safe and positive learning
- Maintains various records and files (e.g., enrollment, daily
sign-in/out log, invoices, receipts, etc.) to communicate
information, meet operational requirements, and ensure accurate
documentation as required.
- Participates in various meetings (e.g., staff meetings, etc.)
to share information and/or improve one's skill/knowledge.
- Maintain a safe environment for children.
- Other duties as assigned.
At least one (1) year experience working with and/or managing
children or programs involving children;
- Minimum high school diploma; with a minimum of 24 college
- Must be Bilingual
- Have the ability to maintain accurate records;
- Passion for Gestalt's mission and youth development;
- Reliable, organized and punctual;
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with staff and school partners;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal
skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of
individuals both in person and over, the phone, applying tact and
discretion as situations demand;
- Must be able to clearly articulate outcome requirements and
provide the necessary and
appropriate resources to successfully deliver on objectives;
- Responsible and professional conduct that serves as a role
model to staff and youth;
- Exhibits strong character traits and exercises patience and
creativity while seeking win-win scenarios;
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word; internet,
- Must be able to pass a background check investigation
Keywords: Gestalt Community Schools, Memphis , 2021-2022 Bilingual Teacher Assistant, Other , Memphis, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!